Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #1

Crappy toilets

OK, pun intended. For those that have the Dometic masterflush 7600 series toilet, is there a way to adjust the water flow coming out of the rim. The streams of water coming out when I flush only covers maybe 50% of the bowl and by the end of the day it smells like a urinal. I have it set to the normal flush mode but I have to pretty much clean the toilet every day. My water pressure is pretty good, so it’s not low water pressure.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I looked, but didn't find anything on flow adjustment...may have missed it. In case you do not have the manual...

https://docplayer.net/81326042-Macer...es-toilet.html

If the adjustment isn't included here, maybe call Dometric (330-439-5550)to see if adjusting is even possible.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:41 AM   #3

I called Dometic and they said the water valve may need to be replaced. They said since it’s still under warranty then I should take it into a dealer. The funny thing is that both of my toilets do the same thing, doesn’t rinse the whole bowl when flushed. My water pressure is 54 psi and I use a portable water softener to help keep water lines clean.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #4

The chances of both water valves being faulty on a new rig are next to none IMO.

Here's a couple of ideas that may or may not work...
After looking at the pic's in the prior attached manual above, when you press down on the flush peddle—that plastic linkage right there—is there a way where you can detach it, rotate that arm a notch or two then hook it back up so now the linkage opens the valve more, thereby allowing more water in? Or maybe adjust the peddle up a little so when you press it down, it would open the valve a little more?

One of our toilet water valves starting leaking about 3 weeks ago and I had to replace it. It's tight back there but got it done. About an hour and a $35 new water valve.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #5

I think you need to check the flow rate ahead of, and after the water softener, or just remove the softener and see what happens.. I
Old 12-21-2019, 06:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Here's a couple of ideas that may or may not work...
After looking at the pic's in the prior attached manual above, when you press down on the flush peddle—that plastic linkage right there—is there a way where you can detach it, rotate that arm a notch or two then hook it back up so now the linkage opens the valve more, thereby allowing more water in? Or maybe adjust the peddle up a little so when you press it down, it would open the valve a little more?.
Trust me, if I start to tinker around on the toilet I will make it worse. I did increase my water pressure to 60 psi and it helped some. Not sure if I should try to increase it more. I haven’t hooked the water pressure gauge after the water softener yet to see what the psi would be, will try to get to to that today.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #7

When you hook the pressure gauge up after the softener, you'll see the same pressure as ahead of the softener, until you turn a good heavy flow of water. Then you'll get an idea of how much the softener may be blocking the water flow.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #8

Just depress the pedal to where you have water flow without opening the ball valve and fill your toilet up as a residential would. They you have taken care of the residual urine and add water to the black tank to make for much better dumping. I also use the shower head to add hot water to the bowl, a little bit of Pine-Sol, a quick brush every 7-10 days and no problems at all.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #9

Can you add a hand sprayer? That would make the use of water more effective.

Matt B
Old 12-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Trust me, if I start to tinker around on the toilet I will make it worse. I did increase my water pressure to 60 psi and it helped some. Not sure if I should try to increase it more. I haven’t hooked the water pressure gauge after the water softener yet to see what the psi would be, will try to get to to that today.
Please let us know how you resolved this issue so we all can learn.

Good luck my friend.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet