Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Diagnose problem with 2nd furnace?

We have a 2nd furnace in our 2003 Fleetwood Providence that has never worked. We've always just used the front LP furnace. However, we're preparing to head south in January and would like everything in tip-top working order, and started talking about that furnace again! How would we begin to figure out the reason it's not working?? We noticed a switch behind the panel that is in the "on" position, and we've tried turning the "zone" on for it....but still nothing. Hmmmm???? Ideas?
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I learn something new everyday....I never knew there were coach's with two furnaces.

Will watch this thread to see the outcome, I'm curious if many people on here have two furnaces.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had trouble with one furnace that stopped working. I found at the furnace outside that the blue wire coming from the thermostat had to have 12v but did not. The connector in the wires behind the thermostat was faulty. Mine is a 2005 Revolution so yours might be similar.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #4

As mentioned , you'll have to access the furnace wiring and check voltage , this could be as simple as a defective on/off switch.
If you start testing and need more help , could you add the furnace brand and model info to your post , knowing the make of the wall thermostat , would be nice too.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I learn something new everyday....I never knew there were coach's with two furnaces.

Will watch this thread to see the outcome, I'm curious if many people on here have two furnaces.
We have 2 furnaces, the one in the back also heats the wet bay and bedroom(works great)
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:14 PM   #6

My bet is a faulty control board. The only trouble I’ve ever had with our two furnaces was with the control boards.

Arch, a LOT of DPs have two furnaces.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #7

We bought our motor home from a friend who bought it new. The bedroom furnace had never been used. I found a micro switch behind the cover and matched it to the front unit and it lit right off.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My rear furnace brand new did not work. It as well as many other things was poorly installed so the blower motor would not turn.
Finally with this posting I now know how the wet bay gets heat, thru the rear furnace I never use.
I was wondering how the mid coach furnace in the slide above could get a hose into the bay below. It doesn't!
Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you!

Thank you, everyone! We'll see if we can figure out the problem and get back to you.
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace