Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #57

Thats the ONE!!
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
This is one that works for me
Locking Oil Filter Wrench - Join the Pricefalls family - Pricefalls.com
I didn't buy it from this vendor but it is the same wrench and works on any size filter.

That type will crush the filter easily if it is placed in the ctr. of the filter. Needs to be placed near the top or the bottom.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
palehorse89,
Yep that's another good design. I never had one but it would do the job. I still have my Lisle. It has a wide clamping area but with a spring steel folding handle. The folding handle, like the one that uses a ratchet and extension gives you better access in some tight areas. The one that looks like a jar lid remover works great unless you'd have an issue swinging that long handle. That's where the flexible handle come into play.

TeJay
Old 09-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
I am a bit late to this party, but I use a Rubbermaid 14 gallon tote lined with a trash can bag. I could use a 10 gallon tote, and drop the filter into separate bucket. I then either use a small pump or a plastic milk container to transfer the old oil to empty containers for recycling. When the bag is about empty, I toss in a few handfuls of oil-dri and chuck it in the trash. The tote never sees a drop of oil so it can be used for anything afterwards. If I already have excess empty oil containers, then I will use the fumoto valve attached to the side drain plug. I wouldn’t put the valve on the bottom since it has a greater chance of getting knocked off and the bottom drain plug is magnetized. Cleaning off any iron dust from the plug is an important part of oil changing.
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #61

I too use the Fumoto flip valve. Bought a stainless steel 5 gallon cooking pot from Craigslist that has nice handles. Pour into 5 gallon water bottle and take to Pep Boys. No ramps or jacks needed. Fits under the Cummins just fine. I would never trust anyone to change my oil in the coach or any of my cars. I use synthetic Shell Rotella and Mopar filters from Wally's World.

Phil Swanson
95 Baby Bird RV Bus
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #62

Some folks are worried about the Fumoto valve hanging too low and breaking off. My Cummins has a 45 degree angle where the oil drain boss is. So when you put the valve on, it isn't all that low hanging. If your oil pan is scraping the road, then you have some serious suspension problems. Mine is a pusher so the pan is a good 12" above grade. The rear square trailer hitch will hit the road long before and that's solid to the frame. I was more concerned about the transmission pan with a temp sender on the front, lower side. I made a shield for that which would prevent rocks from flying and breaking is off. It has already saved it on at least one occasion. It would break off allot easier than the Fumoto valve and it sits a little lower than the pan. I sure like my Fumoto.

Phil Swanson
95 Baby Bird RV Bus
philipswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #63

Spartan Chassis
Scotty,

Did you grease this U-Joint below your Comfort Steer aluminum box inside your 2007 MADP 4528?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	U-Joints Steering Column.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	106026  
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman52 View Post
Scotty,

Did you grease this U-Joint below your Comfort Steer aluminum box inside your 2007 MADP 4528?
No I didn't. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what is the interval for greasing that one since it is protected from the elements? I will take care of it right away.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote