Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Since when did it become a requirement that you or anyone know for what reason I'm doing anything?
The moment you invade the personal space of my family.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 06:49 AM   #128
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
The moment you invade the personal space of my family.
Where do you believe your family's personal space begins and ends?
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #129

Quote:
Where do you believe your family's personal space begins and ends?
Most should know the answer to that question as it is simple common sense but examples of personal space violations have already been posted.
Keep your drones away from people and play with your drones to your hearts content.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:23 AM   #130
tcg

Quote:
Most should know the answer to that question as it is simple common sense but examples of personal space violations have already been posted.
Keep your drones away from people and play with your drones to your hearts content.
There are people everywhere. The law says you can't intentionally fly over people, I follow the law as do most drone operators.

Please don't lump most drone operators into the small group of that violate the law.

But you never answered the question about where your family's personal space begins and ends.

I can see your family just by walking through an RV park. Does that mean I have violated your space?

Do I violate your space when I drive past your house?

Does an airplane violate your space when it flies over your house?

Not every drone you see is flying only to take photos of your family. My guess would be that your family is quite boring compared to the photos of the landscape I'm heading out to capture.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #131

I have said before " it's a small percentage of drone operators that ruin it for the majority who are responsibly enjoying their drones.

If you walk by my Rv and glance over you are not violating my space but if you stop and pull out binoculars, start recording my family with your cell phone or hover your drone over my head then you are violating my personal space.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #132

Quote:
I have said before " it's a small percentage of drone operators that ruin it for the majority who are responsibly enjoying their drones.

If you walk by my Rv and glance over you are not violating my space but if you stop and pull out binoculars, start recording my family with your cell phone or hover your drone over my head then you are violating my personal space.

There are jammers that can disrupt the signal of a drone. If you know where to look you can find them for sale or instruction on how to build your own. Yeah they are illegal but if you don't leave it on an FCC investigator most likely won't find it.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #133
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconview View Post
There are jammers that can disrupt the signal of a drone. If you know where to look you can find them for sale or instruction on how to build your own. Yeah they are illegal but if you don't leave it on an FCC investigator most likely won't find it.

That's funny, suggesting an illegal and expensive device to prevent the rare drone that is up to no good.

I've watched he coast guard find illegal transmitting on marine bands in rather short order and then issue considerable fines so I wouldn't be so confident the the FCC would not be interested in fairly powerful illegal transmitters and I would not discount their ability to find that transmitter.

But if that's what someone thinks they need to stop all these drones from spying on their backyard then give it a shot.

This whole discussion is a bit silly.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #134

Quote:
That's funny, suggesting an illegal and expensive device to prevent the rare drone that is up to no good.

This whole discussion is a bit silly.
Exactly!
And nobody knows for sure if the drone is actually doing anything illegal but suggesting shooting it down and bullets will be flying is ok.
The mindset here is pure silly

Hopefully we can get this thread back on track since i have some cool campsite videos and there was no spying or animals endangered in this movie lol
Al Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #135

Have any of you drone pilots been following the news about the nightly flights of numerous drones over northwest Colorado and western Nebraska? The story has been dominating the TV news here for several weeks.
Many citizens are concerned about them since no one is willing or able to tell them what they are doing and why. The State of Colorado launched a Pilatus PC-12 outfitted with FLIR to investigate and reported they couldn't detect any drones. I guess no one asked them how a FLIR designed to detect wild fires would likely be able to detect a heat signature from a relatively small electric powered drone.
Here is a link to a current article from AOPA re: the proposed FAA rule changes re: drone operations.
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...ul-on-drone-id
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:13 PM   #136
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Have any of you drone pilots been following the news about the nightly flights of numerous drones over northwest Colorado and western Nebraska? The story has been dominating the TV news here for several weeks.
Many citizens are concerned about them since no one is willing or able to tell them what they are doing and why. The State of Colorado launched a Pilatus PC-12 outfitted with FLIR to investigate and reported they couldn't detect any drones. I guess no one asked them how a FLIR designed to detect wild fires would likely be able to detect a heat signature from a relatively small electric powered drone.
Here is a link to a current article from AOPA re: the proposed FAA rule changes re: drone operations.
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...ul-on-drone-id
Not sure what that has to do with this topic but the last story I read said the FAA was trying to determine if the sightings were really drones.

As evidenced by some of the replies here people are afraid of the unknown. In other words they see something they can't explain and next thing you know there's mass speculation which leads to paranoia.

My best guess is the whole thing is harmless and likely not a flock of drones doing surveillance for a foreign government. Or maybe some fringe militia group playing with some new toys.

Whatever it is I doubt it's a reason to panic.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #137

HOLY MACKEREL...my original harmless question was wondering whether or not RVers (and Youtubers) used drones while out camping (not in a crowded RV park or invading someone's personal space in their own backyard). For Pete's sake what you are thinking?

Haven't been on here in awhile and was quite shocked to read some of these posts

Gee, like I said in another of my posts, what is the deal out there about anything RV? It was only a simple question I thought I'd ask because drones and drone shots are becoming much more popular for RVers and Youtubers alike. Have NEVER seen anyone put up someone's backyard or invading another's personal space...that is certainly creepy

And the notion that the FCC is presently contemplating a regulation making it a requirement (3 years from the date of the regulation if it is approved) for all manufacturer's to build your drone so it MUST connect to the internet in order for the Government to monitor it (just like just about everything else these days that is tech and is now being monitored) is really not all that surprising is it?

In my opinion, and what seems to be the popular belief and old folk law, a few bad apples really doesn't spoil the whole bunch. Wonder who originally came up with that one?

As fellow RVers we should all stick together and when you see a bad apple call them out on it...no need to go along just to get along that seems to be a big problem these days

Cheers!

PS: Going to the Tampa RV Show next week and wonder if there will be any drone displays or Youtubers...

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 AM   #138

I camped at Joshua Tree NP a couple years ago and someone was flying a drone low over my campsite. I believe that most , if not all, National Parks now ban drones. I go to National Parks for beauty and serenity not some giant bumble bee buzzing around intrusively. Drones may be appropriate in some places but NOT National Parks. I spent 30 years managing Federal Lands recreation and this is the same issue as snow machines VS cross country skiers, hikers VS ATV's, power boats VS non-powered boats, jet boats VS rafts and kayaks etc, etc etc. As seems to always happen, a few inconsiderate idiots that use use their "toys" inappropriately will drive new regulations that affect the other 98% of the public.
RogueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:28 PM   #139

Drones might interfere with the Orbital Mind Control Lasers! Eeeeeeee!
MBrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrant View Post
Drones might interfere with the Orbital Mind Control Lasers! Eeeeeeee!
What ever that means.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving