Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
R. Wold

Nice looking dogs, my little 8 lb Chihuahua would get lost in their fur, but first she would have bend them to her will
I have no doubt. They get “attacked” by small dogs from time to time. Angus turns it into play - he loves to run them in circles which may be hard to imagine but is fun to watch (he’s quite the athlete) and Lalka will either just stand there or if necessary gently subdue them.

On our last trip Lalka was attacked by a loose pug of about 10lbs. She lay down, put a paw over the errant pug (or whatever it was) and gently pinned it to the ground with her mouth like a puppy (shes had a few litters). The whole episode was probably around 10 seconds.

When I returned it to its owners (who by then figured out what was going on and were quite alarmed - and unnecessarily apologetic) the pug was a little dirty but entirely unharmed, calm, (kind of cute in a pug sort of way) and had an abundant mouthful of Lalka hair. Old grandma Lalka....tolerant in her old age.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #86

Caught this yesterday in the coach next to us at Pacific Shores in Oregon. Have not met the owners as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS2D's.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	256085  
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #87

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
Caught this yesterday in the coach next to us at Pacific Shores in Oregon. Have not met the owners as of now.
Must be a retired fireman....Bet he has a hydrant he puts out for them too....
Old 11-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
On our last trip Lalka was attacked by a loose pug of about 10lbs. She lay down, put a paw over the errant pug (or whatever it was) and gently pinned it to the ground with her mouth like a puppy (shes had a few litters). The whole episode was probably around 10 seconds.

Your post brought back fond memories and a smile to my face. Our GSD, Rocko, passed 2 years ago. whenever friend or foe got a little too excited and crazy that big paw would fly out and flatten them to the ground. His way of saying "calm down little dude"

Here he is chilling during the drive.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rocko (2).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	266034  
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #89

Winnebago Owners Club
just replace the dogs with cats
Old 11-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
just replace the dogs with cats
Sacrilege
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #91

All it takes is for a animal to get freaked out (for any reason) and jump down to hide ~ under your feet on the floor while you’re driving.
Then you have a choice~Do I smash the break peddle hard enough to smash it’s head? Or try and reach down while I’m driving?? If you’re lucky you’ll only have this happen once and all but your vehicle will go undamaged.
I shake my head every time I see a pet riding on a dash.
The only thing worse IMHO are dogs in the back of pickups.
I value my pets like family.
“Oh honey let’s let the GB’s ride on the dash ‘cause they want to”
Hummm
Old 11-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #92

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Your post brought back fond memories and a smile to my face. Our GSD, Rocko, passed 2 years ago. whenever friend or foe got a little too excited and crazy that big paw would fly out and flatten them to the ground. His way of saying "calm down little dude"

Here he is chilling during the drive.
Nice looking old boy. I found a big elderly male GSD that looked a lot like yours abandoned by the freeway in New Mexico in Sept. Our whole trip stopped, schedule be damned, until we got him safely in the hands of someone who would ensure he got a caring home for his last couple years.

He was such a calm dignified gentlemanly old fella. I had to back up about a half mile on the freeway shoulder to get to him (reaction time, Did you see that? We have to stop! Etc). I just cant imagine someone dumping him there, but he was both well cared for and had no collar, and he was miles from any homes, and he clearly didn't walk that far. If we couldn't have got him properly taken care of he’d be sitting next to me right now.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Nice looking old boy. I found a big elderly male GSD that looked a lot like yours abandoned by the freeway in New Mexico in Sept. Our whole trip stopped, schedule be damned, until we got him safely in the hands of someone who would ensure he got a caring home for his last couple years.

He was such a calm dignified gentlemanly old fella. I had to back up about a half mile on the freeway shoulder to get to him (reaction time, Did you see that? We have to stop! Etc). I just cant imagine someone dumping him there, but he was both well cared for and had no collar, and he was miles from any homes, and he clearly didn't walk that far. If we couldn't have got him properly taken care of he’d be sitting next to me right now.
Good for you, that makes me so mad that you needed to.
We found Rocko by accident, just happened to stop in a Petco when they had an adoption day. Nobody was by him, all afraid of the aloof big guy. Best dog I ever had. When my 14 year old black lab passes I'll be hunting for another GSD.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Angus and Lalka
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06809081-9AB8-49B6-9BC0-04F630E10421.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	266039   Click image for larger version

Name:	E5418B18-7191-499F-A2B7-304E8771F058.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	266041  

Old 11-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #95

Rex and Ryker
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0625.JPG.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	370.3 KB
ID:	266046  
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
Rex and Ryker
Nice pups and as the DW says, thats a great rug for german shepherds....

Tags
dash, dogs