Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #1

Dometic Master Flush 8700 macerator toilet seat replacement

Lots of talk and discussions I found when I searched, but no good solutions for replacing the toilet seat on the Dometic Master Flush 8700 macerator toilet.

However I found a solution. Apparently the seat on this is what is called "D shaped". And on Amazon I found a pretty cheap, plastic, soft close and easy to remove/clean replacement seat.

Its made by Sadalak (no, never heard of them) it costs $39 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GPGWHLJ...t_details&th=1

[Moderator Edit]

I am very happy with this purchase!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Great post.....many of us Newmar owners have been looking for a slow close seat for the 8700 Dometic, the standard toilet in many Newmar units. The problem has always been the hole pattern. Too bad they didn't make those adjusters white like the rest of the seat. I ordered one to see how I like the quality and will order a second one if I like it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Great post.....many of us Newmar owners have been looking for a slow close seat for the 8700 Dometic, the standard toilet in many Newmar units. The problem has always been the hole pattern. Too bad they didn't make those adjusters white like the rest of the seat. I ordered one to see how I like the quality and will order a second one if I like it.
The cover caps are white.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:49 PM   #4

Ordered one, if the boss approves will order a 2nd
Old 12-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
It’ll be interesting to hear the results here. Looking at the seat and cover, it would appear that the lid / cover has a significant lip. I would think it could be a sharp pain in the back maybe.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
It’ll be interesting to hear the results here. Looking at the seat and cover, it would appear that the lid / cover has a significant lip. I would think it could be a sharp pain in the back maybe.
Its not a problem, the cover lays back quite a bit. Its not a lazybowl reclining toilet..
Old 12-14-2022, 04:42 PM   #7

Order came in and it is going back.

The seat was a bit too narrow and too long. That is the bowl porcelain stuck out by about a half inch on sides and front of seat was hanging over the front of the bowl by an inch.

Could have dealt with those but the darn thing would not open.

I was worried about dropping something in the bowl so taped a trash bag over the top. That helped. But I did drop one of the wing nuts which vanished. It might show up after hitting a few bumps.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:11 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
No offense to the OP.....I was excited about his find, but mine arrived and there were too many differences for ME personally to use it. I sent it back. I really like the adjustable mount; I wish it would work with any toilet.

It just so happens that we are remodeling our master bath in our house. I removed an old Bemis slow close seat and discovered that the hinges look almost identical to the Dometic seat, with a similar or identical screw pattern.

Even though those seats are about $35.00 at Home Depot, if you can just swap the hinges, it would be worth it. Taking my measurements to HD in the next few days and see if they can be swapped.

Dometic made the seat difficult to find an exact match in slow close, the material, shape, color and fitment are just too tough to match.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:17 AM   #9

Sorry for those not happy with it. Keep in mind D shaped seats are common on bidets so looking for others may help you find something that works for you. Just make sure they are adjustable to the width of the holes for mounting.
Old 12-11-2023, 03:53 PM   #10

Replace seat on 8700

Just got done. 10 minute job. You have to remove. The 2 bolts holding the toilet to the floor ( these were 5 inch screws). Once removed slide the toliet away from the wall about 6 inches, the back of the toliet is open and you can reach inside the cavity and hold the nuts while you turn the screws Nothing else needs to be unhooked or loosened. Push the toliet and reinstall the screws in the floor. No need to flush or drain anything.
hver98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dometic, flush, macerator, replace, replacement, seat, toilet