Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2021, 03:29 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiva View Post
Today, March, 28, 2021, I drove the full lenghth of I-75 in Florida and as I passed RV dealer, after RV dealer, I was amazed at the number of new RV's sitting on the lots! Yet, according to many people on this site, new rv's are a scarce commodity NOT to be found! Folks, if you think there is a shortage of ANY class rv, come to FLORIDA!
Depends on the brand. Difficult to find a Tiffin or Newmar. Than, if you do, it has to be optioned at least close to what you want.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2021, 06:22 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiva View Post
Today, March, 28, 2021, I drove the full lenghth of I-75 in Florida and as I passed RV dealer, after RV dealer, I was amazed at the number of new RV's sitting on the lots! Yet, according to many people on this site, new rv's are a scarce commodity NOT to be found! Folks, if you think there is a shortage of ANY class rv, come to FLORIDA!
Our local dealer's lot is also full, but it is full of TT, 5th wheels, very large Class As and very small Class Bs. What they do not have are larger Bs and B+s. Cs and small Class As.

Spoke with MHS south of Dallas looking for a Thor 24.1 and was told that they had none, absolutely none, that were not already under contract, and did not expect to have any for the next year. He said that their normal inventory of new unsold RVs has gone from about 1200 to 127. Can't verify the truth of that count, but it squares with what I have seen elsewhere.

Spoke with a dealer in Tucson about a Thor 24.1 and was told that they would not have one until May but, of course, it was already sold. Same story at almost all of the Thor dealerships. The small Class As are in very high demand. Here in the Phoenix area the smaller Class Cs are also in very high demand and you can't find any Navions or Views, although they do have quite a few of the smaller Class Bs.

It all seems to depend upon the model you are looking for. The lots may be full, but only with specific types of RVs that do not seem to be in great demand. Lots of Travel Trailers and large Class As. Almost nothing else.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:32 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
Now with covid lockdowns going away and Las Vegas is coming back full just like this weekend I suspect RV sales are about to drop off a cliff..
It will be interesting to see what happens with RV sales in the next 3-6 months. Personally I think that there are so many RVs already sold but not delivered that we won't see any change for quite some time, but that is just a guess.

Our local Winnebago dealer has pre-sold almost all of this ordered Ekkos and they have not even shown up on the lot yet, so those will continue to be "sold out" for as long as it takes for them to be delivered to the dealer and transferred to the original buyer. I have been told that there are a ton of RVs that can not be delivered to the dealer because needed parts like air conditioners are backlogged due to the lockdowns, and they will not be delivered until manufacturing picks back up.

I think this is going to be a long process. Some States like Texas have ended their lockdowns but many still are in place and I don't know when they will be ended and when manufacturing will be able to catch up with the existing backlog.

Hopefully all of this is coming to an end.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #144

I know custom build RV's and trucks are taking longer due to supply problems, but do not know if it is due to demand problems as well.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #145

Iím in your camp! I travel East Coast frequently, Florida to Pennsylvania. I also see oodles of RVs on these dealers lots. I have heard that they move all their inventory to where itís most visible. But thatís a heck of a lot of inventory during a shortage!, sure, maybe theyíre lower than usual but thereís no great shortage, itís all hype so they can increase the prices and make more profit for themselves! Donít kid yourself! Not saying thereís no manufacturing issues, but it makes you wonder!

Just my observation on the east coast.
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:32 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
Our local dealer's lot is also full, but it is full of TT, 5th wheels, very large Class As and very small Class Bs. What they do not have are larger Bs and B+s. Cs and small Class As.

Yep when I decided on the 5240 BT Cruiser I found out how popular it was, only 3 for sale total in all 50 states, 2 on the east coast and 1 in Utah near me, the dealer had just got it in and I jumped on it, it did not have all the extras I wanted but it had enough for now and the price was even cheaper than the 2 on the east coast..

But if someone wanted a 35 foot whatever they had plenty of those, even when I was doing my walk thru at the dealer they were doing 3 other walk thur's and they were all under 30 foot.

Big is fine for fulltiming but for traveling and weekend warrior camping small is better, it took me 8 years driving a class A around to find out I did not like big anymore even though it was 33 foot.
[ 12.6 foot tall and wide was other issue with it ]
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:14 AM   #147

Quote:
Big is fine for fulltiming but for traveling and weekend warrior camping small is better, it took me 8 years driving a class A around to find out I did not like big anymore even though it was 33 foot.
I think it is all what works for each person. We used to travel in a 20 foot Class B with no slides and almost no storage, so when we upgraded to our 24 foot Class C it felt like a huge RV. Not so much anymore ...

On the other hand I drove a Thor Vegas 24.1 the other day and found that it just felt too large to be driving around in the city. Very wide turns at the intersections and it took up almost all of the width of the downtown lanes, and that made our Fuse feel small again.

For us it always seems the same. DW wants something smaller and I want something "a little bit" bigger. She usually wins ...
Old 03-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #148

We downsized from 33’ A to 20’ C
And, we are VRBOsizing, We find monthly rentals on VRBO units cost only slightly more than most “resort” campgrounds. So, we camp along the way to our destination and use the 20’ C for daily exploring. 20’ C parks anywhere and is a pleasant way to spend all day sightseeing, our food, bed, toilet....etc Campground etiquette has changed a lot over the last 30 years and I no longer care for it unless it’s for a night or two.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:30 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
We downsized from 33’ A to 20’ C
20 footer would be easy to get around, but I still needed a bed, that was my turn off of the class B van's, no real bed and a small bath and very little fresh water.

What I want to do is rent a small cabin while traveling in my rv, figure I can just park near the cabin and camp from both and dry camp in rv along the way.

In 2 weeks I am heading into Idaho and doing a loop from Twin Falls up to Boise than up 95 to Coeur d' Aelen and than to Missoula Montana and down 93/75 to the Sawtooth NF and to Sun Valley Idaho than back down to Twin Falls and back home to Las Vegas, while not staying at a campground if possible.

Going to map the truck stops to drain the tanks and refill fresh water tank along the way.
[ going to learn a new level of camping, no more rv parks ]
jackreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:12 PM   #150

Quote:
20 footer would be easy to get around, but I still needed a bed, that was my turn off of the class B van's, no real bed and a small bath and very little fresh water.

What I want to do is rent a small cabin while traveling in my rv, figure I can just park near the cabin and camp from both and dry camp in rv along the way.

In 2 weeks I am heading into Idaho and doing a loop from Twin Falls up to Boise than up 95 to Coeur d' Aelen and than to Missoula Montana and down 93/75 to the Sawtooth NF and to Sun Valley Idaho than back down to Twin Falls and back home to Las Vegas, while not staying at a campground if possible.

Going to map the truck stops to drain the tanks and refill fresh water tank along the way.
[ going to learn a new level of camping, no more rv parks ]
Our 20’ C has a queen size bed over cab, nice bed in rear dinette fold down (I’m 6’1” and sleep in the width), and a nice size wet bath, 30 gallons of fresh, two door fridge, 3 burner stove, gas oven, microwave, double stainless sink, onan 2800 inverter generator......
plenty for us!