RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez Vela View Post
I suspect that this cop did not like," dead young people".
I've met more than a few cops like that. Many of which are state troopers I work with on a regular basis. I've witnessed more than a few "roadside lectures" by them.

There are a few people that stand out in my younger life as having been hard on me for my own good even if I didn't realize it at the time.

And then there were those folks who were just plain hateful a-holes. I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box but I like to think I can tell the difference between the two types.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #128

Spartan Chassis
Helpful Police

First trip last summer in my HR Navigator with a 1999 Jeep Cherokee toad, I was tooling along at speed limit in Illinois, passed a State in the median. In about a mile he was behind me and the lights came on. I pulled over, he came up on the passenger side where the door is and told me that the muffler on the toad was dragging. Sure enough, I had just purchased the old jeep and it is a little rough, but perfect for a toad and to do some rough country exploration. I told the police that I would just pull the muffler out, he watched as I did, said have a good day, never asked for paperwork. Hid only comment was I thought you would pull off on the exit ramp. He did not give me enough warning to make the ramp without seriously getting on the brakes, I never make a quick move when driving, and especially when running this large of a rig.

Point is like in any profession there is a range of performance, I got one of the common sense ones!
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #129

Ever get pulled over in your motorhome?

Was driving down the street in front of the Las Vegas motorcoach resort one day following traffic and going the same speed as the traffic which was about 35 miles an hour. The speed limit happens to slow down for a small area into a 25 zone. About 200 feet past the zone cop pulled me over. Said I was going 35 in a 25. I asked why he pulled me over when all these other cars were doing the same and he said that he needed to make a statement and so he pulled over the biggest vehicle my 38 foot motorhome! We stood there talking for a couple minutes and then he wished me good day and walked back to his car and drove off. No ticket or anything. Just a message sent to some speeding motorists!.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #130

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Was driving down the street in front of the Las Vegas motorcoach resort one day following traffic and going the same speed as the traffic which was about 35 miles an hour. The speed limit happens to slow down for a small area into a 25 zone. About 200 feet past the zone cop pulled me over. Said I was going 35 in a 25. I asked why he pulled me over when all these other cars were doing the same and he said that he needed to make a statement and so he pulled over the biggest vehicle my 38 foot motorhome! We stood there talking for a couple minutes and then he wished me good day and walked back to his car and drove off. No ticket or anything. Just a message sent to some speeding motorists!.
I used to flash the overheads in an area like this: visual warning and watch the brake lights.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, motor, motorhome