Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I see this the same as "Gary RVRoamer". Your beef is with the dealership. You need to ask what they did with the warranty inspection papers that they said they would provide. You would also be going after the dealership for the money. WW didn't do anything wrong.

I would start at the dealer with a request for a complete refund or for them to put the pressure on WW and to provide the warranty as if the inspection was done. If they deny they made the statement about an inspection, I would take the dealership to small claims. Your case is easy to prove. The dealer who sells these warranties and MAKES money off of them, knows or SHOULD reasonably KNOW that an inspection is required as PART of the WW sale.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Without reading the contract...I think it says that the new owner shall keep the receipts for all maintenance THEY have done. I would guess there is not a provision that they have receipts for maintenance done PRIOR to their purchase.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you contacted Wholesale Warranties? They are very helpful after the sale, they assisted me with a claim. Contact them (WW) and see what they say.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
What is the failure? Was it not winterized correctly?

As example, if the motor was sludged up from lack of oil changes and the motor seized, then that's a sure failure caused by lack of maintenance.

But, other than putting a nozzle and filter in the aquahot...I can't think of any other maintenance that can cause catastrophic failure (other than freezing it).

So, you might have a leg to stand on.
Service Center said that a weld had broken causing antifreeze to leak into the heat exchanger and the unit needed to be remanufactured or replaced. From talking with several technicians, if the leak is inside the main unit it must be sent off for remanufacture or replacement.
schoggismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Did they inspect it? That should cover you. Send them a certified letter. They're supposed to be one of the best so I'm surprised by this.

Ray
They did inspect it. They wouldn't even write the contract without the inspection.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
You said: " When I told the salesman that we did not have any maintenance records, I was told that they would inspect the vehicle and would cover any problems not found during that inspection." I'm assuming that was the salesperson at the dealership that sold you the service plan and not a employee of Wholesale Warranties. When reading the coverage clause you posted, it's pretty clear that they (WW) expect traceable documentation of the required maintenance.

Now if the person that did the inspection was a employee of or authorized by WW and amended the contract to state what you said the "salesperson" told you, then you'd be good to go after them.
But I have the feeling that the person that gave you that line about inspection was a salesperson at the dealer who had no authorization to make that statement and was only looking out for his commission. In which case, you might as well get your refund
( good luck)
Sorry I wasn't clear. The dealer was not involved in the transaction. I contacted Wholesale Warranties directly. The salesman who made these statements was an employee of Wholesale Warranties. This person assured me that the inspection would reset the clock and that the maintenance requirement would be effective going forward, and that records would not be required for the period prior to the date we took ownership (which was also the effective date of the contract).
Old 10-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Without reading the contract...I think it says that the new owner shall keep the receipts for all maintenance THEY have done. I would guess there is not a provision that they have receipts for maintenance done PRIOR to their purchase.
That's how we read the contract. That's also how the Wholesale Warranties Salesman explained it.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Have you contacted Wholesale Warranties? They are very helpful after the sale, they assisted me with a claim. Contact them (WW) and see what they say.
We contacted them immediately after the denial. They called to see if the insurer would reconsider. They were unable to help. I've gone up the chain. If no success I will cancel the contract.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoggismom View Post
Service Center said that a weld had broken causing antifreeze to leak into the heat exchanger and the unit needed to be remanufactured or replaced. From talking with several technicians, if the leak is inside the main unit it must be sent off for remanufacture or replacement.
That's not a maintenance issue.
No lack of maintenance would cause the weld to break - except if it froze dependent on what actually broke. It would be very evident if it was freeze related, a bad weld, or vibration of why the weld failed.

If the heater was working, no inspection would have found it either.

Only if a lack of maintenance CAUSED the problem should it be a factor in coverage.

If it hasn't frozen (again - this is easy to determine), then sounds like you have a case. Since the heater replacement is going to be $7K+, its worth going to the mat.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If and when you write a letter to your state attorney general....send a copy to the underlying insurance company or bank.... that backs WW contract. Usually, this info is on the last paragraph of the last page of the contract.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Even tho you might be using a sledge on a thumbtack....I would contact the S.C. Department of Consumer Repairs in Columbia. 800-922-1594.

Tags
extended warranty, maintenance, warranty