Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #29

Sad

How many countries, including Japan, sent money and aid to the survivors of the Katina disaster?

When Ronald Reagan signed into law the Tax Reform Act of 1986, he boasted, “Millions of the working poor will be dropped from the tax rolls altogether, and families will get a long-overdue break with lower rates and an almost doubled personal exemption.”

Unfortunately, many of these American lived in the hurricane affected area. So these freeloaders, as some have stated, were undeserving of government aid.

Maybe those who have never been poor, had to do without, or been affected by disaster and the loss of all you possesed, can feel no emotion except scorn for the survivors. Maybe instead of rage about the so called 47% you might investigate as to who pays little or no taxes. It might surprise you to find out it includes, the retired, the disabled, the blind, families living at the poverty level......and several thousand millionaires, and even thousands more earning over $250,000 a year.

Former Pres. Geo HW Bush Sr. saw the ugliness that has permeated the American landscape. He called for a "kindler, gentler nation" in one his speeches. Did anybody listen?
jamesgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #30

Well, the worker bees are becoming the minority.

The golden egg is in sight, and we're looking for the goose.
Airstreamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstreamer6 View Post
Well, the worker bees are becoming the minority.

The golden egg is in sight, and we're looking for the goose.
That and the over abundance of attorneys ......
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Those folks weren't freeloaders, that's why we pay taxes, to help out those in need, hoping it's not us. Same as home, auto, health and life insurance.
Bob & Donna,

No, that’s NOT why we pay taxes. We pay taxes to provide the money to run the government. We GIVE to CHARITIES to help out those in need in situations like Katrina. As you know, millions of Americans did give to many charities for just that disaster.

Your attitude towards taxes is a symptom of why America is unable to balance its books, why we have added 50% to the national debt in the last four years to bring it to $16,000,000,000,000.00. Your share of that (assuming there are just two of you) comes to about $95,000.00. Do you have that much to give the government to get America out of debt?

I don’t mind GIVING to charity. I get upset when I am FORCED by government to support those in distant cities when my own local community can use the money. It even becomes insulting when those who have made unwise choices DEMAND that I do so.

– Loren
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #33

Did everyone who stayed in a FEMA trailer get sick? If so, I see a reason for a lawsuit. If not, the no reason to sue. If selective people are allergic (sensitive) to certain chemicals, they should stay away from them. As an example, a person who is glucose intolerant (Celiac disease) can not eat products containing any form of wheat products without becoming seriously ill. They avoid wheat in their diets. Should they be allowed to file a class action lawsuit because there is wheat in most everything we consume? I don't think so... They just avoid the offending products and go on with their lives. A person who finds that the products used in construction of their housing unit makes them ill should find some other form of housing instead of staying there and then joining a class action suit.

Bob

Sunny Sebastian Fl.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
So, How do they propose to get money out of MONACO COACH CORP?

Mike
Mike, I'm thinking that they have little to no chance of doing that!
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote