Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
DoC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 639
Few more questions from a new guy.

I'm finding my lower storage compartment is wet now. I found some kind of drain point and I'm assuming comes from my refrigerator. I'm attaching pictures but I can't find out where the leak is xoming from. Also I found some water damage up in the coach that looks pretty old, it's a possibility there was a mouse in there awhile ago, but I'm trying to figure everything out right now to see where that moisture came from. The damage up top looks to be right above the storage box. I'm attaching some photos from the outside of the lower storage compartment to see if any of you more experienced guys can help out. I appreciate any help you can give, I am also attaching photos of the refrigerator box as well just for reference..Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_192807.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	167159Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_192307.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	167160Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_192248.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	167161Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_192248.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	167161Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_192228.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	167162Attachment 1

John, 2007 Dynamax Isata on E450
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 3,133
Definitely for sure almost its the refrig drain, Norcold usually has a small tube that ends just above a small plastic drip/evaporation pan on the right rear of the fridge behind that sheet metal panel. For some reason, previous owner fabbed up the 1/2" pvc. Hard to check, but your roof A/C may drain into a hose that will also exit the bottom of the MH. When the A/C is on, does the condensation drip randomly over the side of the coach or from one drain hose location. Lots of places water can creep in. Previously stored inside or outside?
__________________
Bill, Kathi and Zorro; '05 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2012 Sunnybrook Harmony 21FBS (SQEZINN)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DoC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Definitely for sure almost its the refrig drain, Norcold usually has a small tube that ends just above a small plastic drip/evaporation pan on the right rear of the fridge behind that sheet metal panel. For some reason, previous owner fabbed up the 1/2" pvc. Hard to check, but your roof A/C may drain into a hose that will also exit the bottom of the MH. When the A/C is on, does the condensation drip randomly over the side of the coach or from one drain hose location. Lots of places water can creep in. Previously stored inside or outside?
I've only had this coach for about 2 months when the AC is on it drips down the side depending on how it's level. It is a Dometic two door with an ice maker. If you look in the picture there is a knob a silver knob that only turns like half a turn left or right I'm not sure what that is but I'm assuming it is the water valve to the ice maker. I'd like to know how to make sure that that I do not turn that on I don't know if it's left or right. But I don't know where I see the water that comes out of the fridge and down along the coach bottom. In this picture you can see where the refrigerator box is in reference to the tube that comes out of the compartment it is in the lower right hand side of the picture thank you for your helpClick image for larger version

Name:	20170701_194610.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	167163

Any idea how to clear the blockage
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 3,133
Could be plugged by a mud daubers nest or some other bug. Baling wire might fish the bugger out, then use compressed air from the top of the pvc behind the access door. That quarter turn valve, just take the water line off the side that goes to the IM water filter (or the tubing that goes into the bottom of the filter)
and see which way is which on the valve. Left open, right closed, usually, but I was wrong on the brand of your refrig, so.......
__________________
Bill, Kathi and Zorro; '05 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2012 Sunnybrook Harmony 21FBS (SQEZINN)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 49,103
That valve in the pic looks like a drain for the freshwater tank. The fridge drain would not have a valve in it!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 3,133
On the Dometic fridge, the fridge drain line (1/4" tubing) comes out of the back of the fridge and just hangs inside behind the access panel. Water then just drips onto the floor of that rear fridge compartment. It looks like the PO decided to get that water out of the compartment. I just stuck the end of the drain tubing through the fridge compartment access door and let it drip outside, not elegant, but simple. He also made some mods to the IM filter supply lines, as they too are usually just 1/4" tubing. I'm sure that 1/4 turn silver valve is for the IM filter supply line.
__________________
Bill, Kathi and Zorro; '05 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2012 Sunnybrook Harmony 21FBS (SQEZINN)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
DoC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
On the Dometic fridge, the fridge drain line (1/4" tubing) comes out of the back of the fridge and just hangs inside behind the access panel. Water then just drips onto the floor of that rear fridge compartment. It looks like the PO decided to get that water out of the compartment. I just stuck the end of the drain tubing through the fridge compartment access door and let it drip outside, not elegant, but simple. He also made some mods to the IM filter supply lines, as they too are usually just 1/4" tubing. I'm sure that 1/4 turn silver valve is for the IM filter supply line.
I cannot find the drain tube in the back (outside) of the fridge. Could it be on the front (inside) panal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Could be plugged by a mud daubers nest or some other bug. Baling wire might fish the bugger out, then use compressed air from the top of the pvc behind the access door. That quarter turn valve, just take the water line off the side that goes to the IM water filter (or the tubing that goes into the bottom of the filter)
and see which way is which on the valve. Left open, right closed, usually, but I was wrong on the brand of your refrig, so.......
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
DoC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 639
, well I found out what this was, this storage box is where I kept the black slinky. And if I stored it wet I always get water in the bottom of the tank. If I lay it out to dry no problem.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC808 View Post
, well I found out what this was, this storage box is where I kept the black slinky. And if I stored it wet I always get water in the bottom of the tank. If I lay it out to dry no problem.
Oh man gross. If I read right what you just said....
you should NOT be storing a "plain" black tank sewer hose in a bay or compartment. At least put it in a big trash bag, tie it up and put it in there. But I still wouldn't do that either. Gases, germs, smells etc. in the summer....ick.

Do a search on this forum and build you some sewer hose "carriers" or "tubes" that mount under the chassis somewhere on your coach and keep them out of your bays, compartments or any other enclosed area. And whatever you do, do not put them in your wet bay either with your fresh water hoses. Cross contamination and health issues.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DoC808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Oh man gross. If I read right what you just said....
you should NOT be storing a "plain" black tank sewer hose in a bay or compartment. At least put it in a big trash bag, tie it up and put it in there. But I still wouldn't do that either. Gases, germs, smells etc. in the summer....ick.

Do a search on this forum and build you some sewer hose "carriers" or "tubes" that mount under the chassis somewhere on your coach and keep them out of your bays, compartments or any other enclosed area. And whatever you do, do not put them in your wet bay either with your fresh water hoses. Cross contamination and health issues.
Oh sorry. It's in a sealed container.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Few more Questions from a Newbie Lrakeahs Travel Trailer Discussion 2 11-24-2016 01:15 PM
More easy questions from a new guy.... etchamp Class A Motorhome Discussions 26 06-01-2015 10:28 PM
New guy looking for some advice on a few issues. offdutyRV Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 12 10-18-2012 11:44 AM
More, More, 2000 MADP 4093 Questions mlr1951 Newmar Owner's Forum 2 02-06-2012 02:02 AM
First Trip a "HUGE" success but a few more ??? Latitude Newmar Owner's Forum 16 10-02-2007 04:01 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.