Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Harbor freight reliably flies 2 flags, my last one went over 10 years with moitorhome then moved to the house for 4 more years before we sold house.

One that in real windy conditions it would lower itself and at under$70 a great deal.
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2023, 05:16 PM   #30

Stu,. Agree with others...great adapter. One question, have you experienced any rubbing or banging of the upper portion of the pole on the coach?
thomanddebbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:20 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanddebbi View Post
have you experienced any rubbing or banging of the upper portion of the pole on the coach?
I'm guessing that the pole's closest, no wind clearance is about 4-6". Although the aluminum pole is pretty rigid, there is enough flex that I was concerned that it might contact the rear cap during high winds.

I fabricated a rubber bump strip by cutting a couple of 6" sections of a rubber tarp strap:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tarp strap.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	386281

And attached them at the potential contact point using 3M mount tape. The paint on the rear cap at that location is black making them barely visible from the ground.

I fly two flags and have had them up when a thunderstorm has rolled through. Absolute worst case scenario in that the flags are wet (heavy) and the winds are gusty.

I do believe that there has been some contact of the pole to the bump strips. No damage and onle very, very infrequently under the worst conditions.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #32

Flag Pole (Flag Pole Buddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
Trying to figure out a good reliable telescoping flag pole for our MH.

My Bud has one that is very nice. Problem is, not sure I want to spend $339 for it.

What ha everyone found to b a good, reasonably priced flag pole.
Would like one that has the drive on mount as I would like the flag towards the front of the MH and not stuck on the back ladder. Kind of hard to see if you have to back into a sit.

Would like to show my patriotism by displaying our flag but don't want to go broke doing it.
Most I've researched that telescope, the hints slip and don't hold very well.

Comments pease!
search the FlagPole Buddy products they are amazing. I use their pole for my Starlink.
Chris Bunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:26 PM   #33

Greenlee FP24 Wire Fish Pole, 24-Feet
HTElectrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:28 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Commercial variant of Stu's custom mount. Clamps onto anything between 2" and 4".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3GZ5Y8T

In my case I clamped it on to the factory hitch crossbar to the right of the hitch receiver. This gives me a second 2" receiver for light duty accessories (like a flagpole) and no need to mess around at all with my towbar.

Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZQJyJS7u2gv9o8S58

I used this flagpole mount which has an ID large enough (2.4") to fit the HF flagpole.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IVGA0G

Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BJNFf5kKEzq725Zr9

There is no issue with the flagpole hitting the coach even in high winds. My flagpole is mostly used for my Starlink antenna. So far I have not had any issues with the HF flagpole.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
When traveling with the tow bar I use one of those hitch extensions with the second high receiver and put the flag pole holder that I fabricated in that location. With the winds we have on the TX coast the mount and pole has to be pretty strong, especially flying a pair of big flags high.
God bless America and Texas and our freedoms so often taken for granted!

CO-Z 20ft Flag Poles Telescoping... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZWB0K0...p_mob_ap_share

Attachment 385874
Great setup. I’m sure Gonzales would be proud!
SC Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:13 PM   #36

Jackite pole

I use the Jackite 31 ft. Works very well and only cost $100 shipped.
papawsonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:22 PM   #37

I picked up my pole from the RVFLAGPOLEFUY at a rally: https://rvfgelagpoleguy.com/collections/flagpoles-hardware-and-mounting-kits. I got the Flagpole buddy mount that I use when appropriate. When the back of my trailer is in the trees or would otherwise hide the flat, I use a bungee cord to mount the pole on my a-frame up front. My hitch has a couple of jacks that adjust the WD bars and are perfect supports for the flag pole. I also bought an inexpensive ground sleeve to set up the pole at home.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:33 PM   #38

Harbour Freight

We got our flag pole at harbour freight. I didn't like the idea of a ladder mount (flimsy ladder) so purchased a 2 inch receiver mount. Our 5th wheel didn't have a receiver so just bolted the mount to the bumper supports. Worked great.

We now have a MH and I haven't fabricated a mount for the front yet. I don't want to remove my tow bar, as others have mentioned, it would be a PITA.
R-Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:50 AM   #39

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
I've had the kind that attach to the ladder on the rear of the RV but my Class A does not have a ladder so.....I bought one from uncommon flag and it attaches to the trailer hitch. Fantastic unit. I get lots of people asking me where I got it and happy to pass along the name and website.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:17 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
Trying to figure out a good reliable telescoping flag pole for our MH.

My Bud has one that is very nice. Problem is, not sure I want to spend $339 for it.

What ha everyone found to b a good, reasonably priced flag pole.
Would like one that has the drive on mount as I would like the flag towards the front of the MH and not stuck on the back ladder. Kind of hard to see if you have to back into a sit.

Would like to show my patriotism by displaying our flag but don't want to go broke doing it.
Most I've researched that telescope, the hints slip and don't hold very well.

Comments pease!
You get what you pay for, cheap is not always the best solution
Newmar nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:54 AM   #41

I like to find one that does not fasten on the MH at all. The wind causes it to make noise which telegraphs into the MH and keeps me up at nights
sunvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:32 AM   #42

Flag

I put a large USA Flag decal on the back of my HR diesel pusher, would like a front mount also, will check out the wheel mount. Thanks to all Patriots!!
Doug
Fdc271 is offline   Reply With Quote