Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #1

Flasher / Turn Sig Issue Need Help

Good morning,
I have an issue that I need some quick help on. My RV is at a mom and pop service station having a tail light issue sorted out. The problem is as previously posted no Emergency Flashers, Turn Signals, Back Up lights, Brake Lights, or Cruise control. The guy working on it has very little space and doesn't really want it there but is good enough to try to help me. He does not know where the Flasher Switch, or Turn Sig Switch is located. Can anyone tellme where this would be so I can call him and advise him of such. 1996 Pace Arrow, Ford 460 EFI, F-53 Chassis. Have Posted this in the Class A and Fleetwood Forum too.
Thank you in advance for any help!
YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
It on the steering post down at the floor if your looking at it on the left side behind the inertia switch by the firewall
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #3

Hi Mark,
Thanks a lot for the response, I fired that off to the old guy working on my unit. He didn't sound like he was buying into it, he said he'd look but was doubtful that it would be located there. I really expected it would have been in the small fuse box under the dash, there is a space there for it, like a recess in the fuse box, but it does not appear to be wired. I am thinking an electronics class at the local vo-tech is in order for me. Thank you sir for the response, it is much appreciated.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
See that set of wires red and green in the corner behind the switch the arrow is pointing too thats it

Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Make sure the wiring harness that goes up the steering column is plugged in tight. This should be located about halfway down the steering column. This connects all the items you refer to to the controls.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #6

Awesome, thank you both so much. I am seriously over whelmed by the knowledge, and the willingness to share on this site. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #7

@ nightriderrv/dajudge,
Just wanted to say thanks once more for the help, and to let anyone know who might be experiencing similar problems. I was able to get all of these problems taken care of but it took 3 seperate fixes, the entire blinker switch assembly, the Flasher it self, and one more blinker switch (don't know what it's called. I do appreciate all of the info........Now on to the next problem!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WOW, Failure of those switches (Turn signal switch and 4-way flasher switch) is very rare.. To have both of them go bad is all but unheard of, In fact this is the first time I've heard of it.

Now fuses... On many cars that's all one fuse. On my motor home 2 fuses.