Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Day Night Shades

Does anyone have the name of the mfg for the day night shades for my Fleetwood? Contact info?

My service tech says I can send them back to the mfg and they will re string for free.

Thanks
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe call Fleetwood customer service and ask?

I am told that Specialty Window Solutions at 1655 Gateway Ct., Elkhart, IN will do it for you if you remove the shades first. In less than an hour they will restring your shades, install new type cord tensioners, all at NO CHARGE. If you want to ship ship them in they will do the same service for $12.00 incl return shipping.

You have to remove the shades from the coach and re-install.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Maybe call Fleetwood customer service and ask?

I am told that Specialty Window Solutions at 1655 Gateway Ct., Elkhart, IN will do it for you if you remove the shades first. In less than an hour they will restring your shades, install new type cord tensioners, all at NO CHARGE. If you want to ship ship them in they will do the same service for $12.00 incl return shipping.

You have to remove the shades from the coach and re-install.
Gary...thanks alot. I will check them out.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #4

shades

i just did my bounder shades from them myself. i thought the restringing job was really easy. a bit of a problem getting the shades off cause they screw them in from the window side. got a really long bladed screw driver that made the job easier. when you reinstall move the screws to the inside and the job is super easy. i used a saltwater bait rigging needle ( about 8 inches long) and the thing restrung them very easily.
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
The shade is in the little window in the bedroom and the led TV drops down in front of the window, making it hard to get to to take off.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #6

shades

i hear you..i had one where the the cabinet covered about a foot of the thing. went to home depot and got a #2 phillips with about a 24" shaft and did fine. getting back in was a time a real pain..but take your time and doable.
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I always hated those pleated shades. They were always either too loose and would fall down all the time, or too tight and impossible to move.

Our new coach has mostly manual shades, but they're similar to what we had on our house windows when we were kids. Solid rollup shades, easy to use. One set is 'see through', the other is solid (mounted one in front of the other).

If you can get yours repaired reasonably, I might do that. If they had to be replaced, I'd go for something different.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood