Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 05:18 AM   #29

I am currently in the market to replace the 6 tires on our coach. Going through the FMCA program is definitely cheaper than without using it in our area for Michelin tires for dealers within and without of the program. Other brands of tires are definitely cheaper than Michelins. Have not decided which tires to purchase purchase yet. That will happen next month. just doing my research at this time.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 06:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcpl View Post
I am currently in the market to replace the 6 tires on our coach. Going through the FMCA program is definitely cheaper than without using it in our area for Michelin tires for dealers within and without of the program. Other brands of tires are definitely cheaper than Michelins. Have not decided which tires to purchase purchase yet. That will happen next month. just doing my research at this time.
Take a look at Continental via the FMCA program.
I just got 6 new Contis installed and happy w the deal.
I did some searching and found many satisfied users and they are made in USA. one of the local truck shops indicated they sell a lot of the Contis. Prices were at least $100 below GoodYear & Michelin and more dealers in my area than Michelin HD truck tire dealers (with the FMCA you can't just use your local Michelin auto / light truck dealer)
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
Why would anyone pay such a high price for Michelin tires when Firestone makes tires for motorhomes that work just the same as Michelin's at a much lower cost..
Why would anyone pay such a high price for a Newell motorhome when Fleetwood makes motorhomes that work just the same at a much lower cost...
Old 11-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I’ve used the FMCA Advantage program a number of times. Each time for the RV I saved about $100 per tire. I even bought new Michelin tires for my Buick LaCrosse and saved $80 each. Not all dealers who sell RV and truck tires will do it for passenger car tires. But I found one that does. The dealer gets a flat dollar amount for each tire as a handling fee. The dealer said that my cost was less than what he can buy the tires for. So I am a fan of the program.
Mountain Master Motorcycle Lift, 2018 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joke