Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fresh Water Drain Valve Operation

My Fleetwood Fiesta fresh water drain valve is impossable to turn and almost impossable to reach. It is located just behind the water pump. Looks like many other Fleetwoods are the same. Any solutions to using the valve? It's not critical but it would be nice if it could be used.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2009, 03:31 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
tbirdman, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forums. I wish I had a good and simple answer for your problem short of re-plumbing the drain. Maybe one of our members has resolved the issue and can post his answers here. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same problem... The fresh water drain valve is stuck solid and looks like it was glued shut. Anymore pressure on it would certainly break it. At least it doesn't leak :-)
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fresh water drain vavle

Welcome aboard.

For those of us that do not have that year and model,
what type of Valve is it? Plastic ,brass etc. And what does the handle look like?

John

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine is PVC going into a PVC Blue ball valve. The bottom of the valve is flat. The handle is longer on one side than the other side and it's easy to tell which way to turn for open (Counterclockwise)
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I reach mine with the awning rod to open & close.
But it has been over a year since I have opened it. As I keep water in it year around to use.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
On my hybrid I'll usually drain what remains between trips. It has a very small plastic handle which is hard to turn. I have to kneel down on one knee, and stick my hand thru a hole in the euro trailer frame to turn the handle. Would have been nice to have a larger handle. I'm real careful to turn the handle slow as to not break it off....It has always been stiff......
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fresh water drain valave

My 96 Pace has the Water tank mounted up high in the center. To reach it you need to be over 6 ½ feet tall and a lot younger than I am. Mine is a ¾” Brass Ball Valve with a long handle. I had my Grandson crawl up to it and take the handle off. Then I drilled a hole that my Awning and Window Awning pull rod would fit in. Now I can reach in and turn it on or off. I like to fill mine and add Bleach then drain it to sanitize it now and then.

John

Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
We went RVing with three other Fleetwoods and they all had the same valve. It looks like a ball valve, with the handle turned toward the front. No way can I get it to budge and not being over 6 foot tall it is almost impossable to reach it thorugh the bay door. I got the plumbing schematics from Fleetwood and that lead me to find the valve. The valve is not only on the Fiesta but must be on many other Fleetwood products.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tbirdman, let me as well welcome you to this great site. You came to the right place for info. I hope we are on the same page, for I as well have a Fleetwood, but mine is on a POWER PLATFORM, whether that makes a difference or not, I'm not sure. My fresh water drain is located in the front pass-thru basement storage in the center, which is very easy to reach as well as turning the lever to drain. Good luck and again, welcome.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote