Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Read #113 for the information on the SSN.

I’m Canadian so a little different process but similar. I had 1 company here refuse credit because I refused to give my sin. Another gladly accepted and somehow got it from credit reporting (I assume) to approve my application. I found this out when I called them one time and they asked for my sin to verify who I was.
I’d be interested if this company does the same.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #128

Sounds interesting, but it sounds like only truck stops honor the card. I already get 4%-5% rebate on my credit cards now with no limit, which amounts to $.13- $.15 per gal. On top of that I fill up at regular stations that are usually $.20- $.30 cheaper than truck stops. Added up that comes to $.32- $.45 per gal savings over truck stops, which is at or above the savings they are projecting with the card. We also travel a lot of the US highways & state roads, so we don't pass many of the truck stops. For someone who fills up at truck stops, it might be a good deal.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #129

I don't have that card yet, but am interested. One thought in the direct withdrawal fear is to use online banking.

1. Open a checking account at your bank with a low minimum amount in it.
2. Use the online transfer feature at your bank to place money in the account whenever you buy fuel.

This limits your exposure, but remember to transfer the money right away, and only for the amount you need.

HTH

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle_freddy View Post
For someone who fills up at truck stops, it might be a good deal.
Correct, it's only good at truck stops and I imagine targeted at diesel pusher owners. This card should get you past the typical credit card transaction limit that won't fill up a 100-150 gallon tank without going inside to pay. For me, that's the #1 perk of the truck stop. Plus, the pumps are faster and I can fill from both sides. I also don't like navigating some of the auto fuel pump islands.

Oddly for me, at least with this one TA example, diesel would be cheaper than my local Shell even with my 10 cents a gallon discount with the credit card. I don't have a 5% cash back card for fuel on a regular basis.
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #131

For those of you using Love's do you find they are pumping 20% biodiesel or 5% or less Bio? Curious?
dosxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #132
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosxx View Post
For those of you using Love's do you find they are pumping 20% biodiesel or 5% or less Bio? Curious?

I believe that most of the signs say, "Up to 20% Bio," so depending on the distributor and company policy blend they have would be the percentage,

A PFJ, TA, PETRO or any other diesel fuel truck (applies to gas also) all have the same diesel. It is the distribution blend the distributor adds based on the company policy that determines the specifics.

Cummins says that my 450 ISL can run on 20% but I really don't like it. However there is no telling what the biodiesel amount is at any pump that says "up to 20%"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #133

Is this program available out west?
45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #134

Is this for diesel fuel only or gas as well.
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #135

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45Auto View Post
Is this program available out west?
It's nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask934 View Post
Is this for diesel fuel only or gas as well.
Sorry no gas, just diesel at the truck pumps.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #136

I've received a couple of the daily price sheets so far. Looks like Love's is heavily discounted followed by decent prices at TA/Petro.

The Pilot/Flying J prices aren't much better than the cash retail price. I am showing 5 cents off per gallon today and 10% of that goes to the card administrator, I believe. That's about $3.00/gallon today. I think the RV Plus charge card would give better prices for Pilot with a fixed 10 cents off per gallon at the cash rate.

Although, $2.64/gallon today at Loves is a big enough savings where I would just go to Loves.
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:38 AM   #137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ordered my card on Thursday, Got my approval on Friday, and am told it will be in the mail on Monday. I called them to see about overnight shipping, no problem but that is a bit pricey.
The way I figure it, this will let me use the truck lane and get a price close to the small stations.
hdedsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:26 AM   #138

OK, just sent in my application. The convenience of pay at the pump at more stations than just Pilot/FJ is too high to not do this.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #139

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Be careful with giving someone access to your checking/savings account #. Suggest you create a separate account for this with limited funds and transfer funds as needed.
This is what I did. I keep another account just for these EFT/ACH items. I usually keep 1k in it and then just transfer into as needed. ha way my max loss/liability is 1k$
Old 07-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #140

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakita1969 View Post
You are going to throw your bank routing and account number out there on the interweb?? No thanks, I'll pass.
I set up a side account of 1K$ that when needed I just transfer more money in it. I use this acct for all EFT/ACH transactions, that way my max liability is 1K$.

Tags
fuel, phone