Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Tractor. But the same stuff pumps out regardless

I’ve always understood that tractor was the pump with the card reader. Reefer was the opposite side pump.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
I’ve always understood that tractor was the pump with the card reader. Reefer was the opposite side pump.
Wrong.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #843

I've looked at a couple of these sites. All wanted a company name. I don't have one yet.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #844

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
The pump without the card reader is the satellite or remote pump to allow fueling from either side.
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #845

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
I've looked at a couple of these sites. All wanted a company name. I don't have one yet.
How about HDGoose inc. It's not a real sticking point that you have one.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #846

Quote:
Nope - same thing is dispensed from the pump on the other side of the lane as the one with the card reader. The only difference is it doesn't have a card reader. Its only purpose is to allow the driver to fill tanks on both sides.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:59 PM   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
This was posted months ago, but your still looking for some type of letter to prove it - it was beating a dead horse back then.

As of the end of the week, Pilot is officially retracting their discounts from our program due to their relationship with Good Sams. Good Sams has an exclusive contract with Pilot which prevents them from giving any discounts to the RV community through any other means. Every other discount is still in place.
What I asked was how we know Good Sam sent a "nastygram" to Pilot/Flying J. The person who had said it responded that it was from an anecdotal report by a former Good Sam accountant. I found that anecdotal report and it didn't say anything about Good Sam sending a nastygram to P/FJ.

And neither does the statement you're quoting. It just says that P/FJ retracted its discounts because of a contractual relationship with Good Sam. Nothing about Good Sam sending a "nastygram."

People are speculating that Good Sam was behind it, and in this case, what Good Sam actually did. The problem is that they don't describe it as speculation, but rather as fact, but without any evidence to support it.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #848

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
What I asked was how we know Good Sam sent a "nastygram" to Pilot/Flying J. The person who had said it responded that it was from an anecdotal report by a former Good Sam accountant. I found that anecdotal report and it didn't say anything about Good Sam sending a nastygram to P/FJ.

And neither does the statement you're quoting. It just says that P/FJ retracted its discounts because of a contractual relationship with Good Sam. Nothing about Good Sam sending a "nastygram."

People are speculating that Good Sam was behind it, and in this case, what Good Sam actually did. The problem is that they don't describe it as speculation, but rather as fact, but without any evidence to support it.
FWIW, Joy Hanson at TSD has stated they negotiated the improved discount program with Pilot in November with an individual (he is no longer there) who was not aware of their existing program with Good Sam.

Once Pilot became aware of the TSD program they pulled it themselves because of the Good Sam contract. According to Joy, Pilot was not forced in anyway by Good Sam.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #849
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why are we bashing this to death! TSD may get pretty upset with all this banter and speculation and just stop the service to RV'ers.

Wow! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It is a good proram. I have not had one fault with it, and I save money. Sometimes a few cents and other times a lot of cents. I just count my blessing that someone is trying to help us.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #850

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good luck with that Wayne. I spent several post asking (telling) people to lay low and just be happy and stop trying to run somebody's business with phone calls and e mails. All that did was offend a few people. Appreciate your service. Salute!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #851
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Why are we bashing this to death! TSD may get pretty upset with all this banter and speculation and just stop the service to RV'ers.

Wow! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

It is a good proram. I have not had one fault with it, and I save money. Sometimes a few cents and other times a lot of cents. I just count my blessing that someone is trying to help us.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #852

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
I got a letter from EFS that the app should be fixed by Sunday.
It is fixed. It works.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #853

...this will teach them to get involved with the RV community--too much time, too much money, too many expectations.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:49 AM   #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturner9 View Post
I posted this to the TSD FB group thought I'd post it here also.

Just in case anyone wanted to know. There is a a TA / Petro discount card you can get called the Ultra One. Might save on drinks and food with it. It is for the Truck driver CDL drivers , but seems anyone can sign up and get one. It doesn't ask for such information. Mine is in the mail to me now. How good it is I do not know , but it may help save on such items. Same as the Loves card did. Now I do have a class A CDL , but it did not ask me for such information. Just my name and address and e-mail. Not a lot was asked. I doubt they even care.
It looks like this won't work for Canadians. It wants a State when you enroll. No provinces. Oh well.

Tags
fuel, phone