Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #911

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Good Sam card, flying jay saves minimum 5 cents per. Get Costco citi bank card. 4% back on fuel. Even some Costco’s have diesel. Usually easy in out
Use god on phone to view location

It is very legit and a lot more convenient than the regular gas station pumps too. High volume pumps, high pressure air and a long windshield brush.

When this was new and had Flying J on board it was easier to find a place but even now if you are on the 4 lane you can save$40 and up on a fill at TA. Others not so much. I use the app to check what is ahead and what I would pay. I either go there or, if I see some thing cheaper on the way I stop there. The only thing that beats it would be some reservation stations out West. It works best at truck stops.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #912

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ya know, I don't think anyone has simply answered the topic question...

It is NOT too good to be true.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #913

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shippwreck View Post
This is a really long thread so I apologize if this question was already asked. Can any one tell me what the difference between the black icons in the app and the green ones? Green always have the price, while some black ones also have the price. Many that I click on say Cat Scales then the type fuel. I tried to use my new card which I have had for several months, but had not read enough or forgot what my control number was. Now I know. Still learning.
Your control number is the last 4 digits of you social security number.
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Livin View Post
The Green one is the lowest price for diesel in the search area or route. Black with no price is usually a CAT Scale.

Thank you for your answer. I am therefore assuming that at a Cat Scale I can not get a discount. That makes me wonder, since there is a price shown, can I still use the card and just not get a discount? Thank you again. At this point I can just experiment to find out.
shippwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippwreck View Post
Thank you for your answer. I am therefore assuming that at a Cat Scale I can not get a discount. That makes me wonder, since there is a price shown, can I still use the card and just not get a discount? Thank you again. At this point I can just experiment to find out.
TDS website says the card is accepted at all truck stops.

I use the app to select the lowest price (usually TA or Petro) where I will need or want to fuel up. I take a screen shot of the selection and then put that, either using address or cooridinates, in my GPS. This makes the trip planning easy as far as fuel. Sure beats the way I used to do it using GasBuddy and Google Earth to see if I could get in and out. I made a couple of mistakes in the past.

I love my TDS card and the ability to use the truck lanes.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #916
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, it is accepted at all truck stops but that does not mean the truck stop will give a discount. Only those in contract with TSD. It is still nice to pull up, pump, get in and drive away. No waiting in line inside to pay.

Don, it's good and it's true!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:26 PM   #917

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Yes, it is accepted at all truck stops but that does not mean the truck stop will give a discount. Only those in contract with TSD. It is still nice to pull up, pump, get in and drive away. No waiting in line inside to pay.

Don, it's good and it's true!
BTW, it is also accepted in many Canadian truck stops.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #918

Freightliner Owners Club
TDS discount has been reduced?

I read a few weeks ago that the average savings has been cut back to about 16 cents a gal. Has anyone experienced a change in past few weeks??
jabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #919

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabassmaster View Post
I read a few weeks ago that the average savings has been cut back to about 16 cents a gal. Has anyone experienced a change in past few weeks??
Yes it has been discussed here. Loves cut their discount to a flat .16 per gallon. TA/Petro is still offering excellent discounts.

For more details just read some of the posts over the past couple of months or so.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #920

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yes it has been discussed here. Loves cut their discount to a flat .16 per gallon. TA/Petro is still offering excellent discounts.

For more details just read some of the posts over the past couple of months or so, or look at TSD's website.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:29 PM   #921

Quote:

That was at Love's. T/A and Petro are still offering substantial discounts. Last week on two fills at T/A and Petro I averaged 52 cents/gal and 59 cents/gal discounts.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:44 AM   #922

I filled up at a Love's yesterday and it was only discounted 8 cents instead of 16 cents.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:20 AM   #923

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I filled up at a Love's yesterday and it was only discounted 8 cents instead of 16 cents.
Where at?
Old 07-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #924

Fuel Discount Program.....to good to be true?

TA seems to have the best discounts. Another $50 or so saved. Works for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	291844
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, phone