Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #1107

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
The EFS app (when it works) will give you ALL EFS prices (including TSD outlets) in your area and along a route. The TSD app only gives stations they have contracts with and doesn't have a route feature.

There are cases where you can get good/better prices at non-TSD outlets that the EFS app allows you to compare to. I now use both as a cross check.
I only see TSD locations in the EFS app.

I actually now like the way you can move the 150 mile radius search in TSD's app better than the route search in the EFS app as it didn't always select the route I intended to drive, so I would have to enter short segments.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #1108

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I only see TSD locations in the EFS app.

I actually now like the way you can move the 150 mile radius search in TSD's app better than the route search in the EFS app as it didn't always select the route I intended to drive, so I would have to enter short segments.
Not sure why you aren't but I regularly see non-TSD pricing on the EFS app. I do agree with you on the routing issues in some cases. The radius search on the TSD app is a nice feature with the touch location where as the EFS only allows you to do this by typing in a location.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #1109

I like that TSD has created their own app.

In addition, I continue to like the old technology of using the Daily Rate sheets on the TSD web site. While trip planning, after I have selected the route that I want, I use the Daily Rate sheets to determine potential fuel stops.

My average distance between fuel stops is 575 miles, so my fuel stops can be two to three days apart. I never start a driving day without knowing if, or where I will be stopping for fuel.

All of my trip planning is done on a laptop so it is very easy to select fuel options with the sheets that are sorted by state, while I plan the routes. There are certain states where I avoid buying fuel for a couple of reasons, so I plan my stops before and after those states.

I do put the apps to work on the fly, if my planned fuel stop needs to be changed. The TSD app's 150 mile radius feature is nice, in that the app opens to that screen, while I still have fuel to make a change in direction within that radius.
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #1110

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Fuel Discount Program.....to good to be true?

I liked the EFS app but also discovered it wouldn’t choose the route I wanted easily ( we try to stay on state roads ) and had to fudge it with shorter segments to trick it into going the way I wanted. With the new app I can move my finger across the map , seeing a 150 mile radius. I like it much better and besides , the EFS app hasn’t been showing all the stations lately.
I also have a large travel range of 2 days at least and can fuel in the state or area with the least cost, or perhaps top off before crossing a state with high costs. Also just to be sure Once I spot my target stop I go to gas buddy in the same area and insure TSD is the best price or choice in the area. Sometimes I’ll pay a few cents more for the convenience of TSD truck pumps I can fill fast from both sides without multiple swipes on the card.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #1111

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Not sure why you aren't but I regularly see non-TSD pricing on the EFS app. I do agree with you on the routing issues in some cases. The radius search on the TSD app is a nice feature with the touch location where as the EFS only allows you to do this by typing in a location.
I wish I could see non-TSD pricing at least on the EFS app. For example I live in Carson City and have a Maverik location with truck pumps within two miles of my house. According to Gas Buddy their price today is $2.15.

According to the EFS and TSD app my best price is $2.28 at Petro in Sparks, NV, 30 miles away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maverik.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	993.1 KB
ID:	301271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petro.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	301272  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maverik 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	301273  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa Vern View Post
DandyDon posted that the retail price was $2.789 and that he saved $18 plus some change.

The missing information was how many gallons DandyDon purchased, so I added 130 gallons to my calculations after doing some backwards math on a spread sheet that I made a year ago, so I would know what the actual TSD deduction amount would be immediately after fueling. We have agreed on every amount.

$2.789 retail - $0.16 = $2.629 per gallon discounted price
130 x $0.16 = $20.80 gross discount
- 10% for TSD = $18.72 discount after TSD fee
- $0.40 Love's transaction fee = $18.32 Net Discount
$18.32/130 = $0.14 per gallon discount after TSD and Love's fees

That's as close as I can come to help make the math work for you. If DandyDon agrees that he purchased 130 gallons, I'll feel like I won a contest for guessing the number of jelly beans in the jar.

I hope this helps to explain the discount mystery.
My research shows that there is no transaction fee for purchases using the TCS card. If FMCA is getting a percentage of the discount it must be awful small. They aren't advertised nor do they show up on the discounted receipt. By my calculation, ther discount using the TCS card far outweighs the TSD card. Thus why I elected to go with FMCA. However, to each his own.

Jesse james
2010 42 Phaeton
Silverado Toad
dejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #1113

Tiffin Owners Club
Still waiting

I signed up the day I got the email (9/9/20) but still have not received the invitation. I tried to install the app from the app store but message said I have not received the invite. I sent a second request but still waiting.
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:05 AM   #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebings View Post
I signed up the day I got the email (9/9/20) but still have not received the invitation. I tried to install the app from the app store but message said I have not received the invite. I sent a second request but still waiting.
Same here. Requested it twice, but no invite, even though they sent the original invite.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #1115

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejams View Post
My research shows that there is no transaction fee for purchases using the TCS card. If FMCA is getting a percentage of the discount it must be awful small. They aren't advertised nor do they show up on the discounted receipt. By my calculation, ther discount using the TCS card far outweighs the TSD card. Thus why I elected to go with FMCA. However, to each his own.

Jesse james
2010 42 Phaeton
Silverado Toad
I signed up today for the TCS card. I'll see what I find.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #1116

TSD Card Problems

After reading this forum I decided to apply for a card. I can't say it has been the best experience I have had. So far after repeated tries I am still unable to use the card.

There is much confusion on control numbers, pin numbers, EFS ID numbers and trying to figure out just exactly what number they're wanting.
First off when I received the card I tried to set up the app. Well that was not going to happen until the next day when I could get a hold of someone at TSD. I did get a hold of the after hours rep but all they could tell me was TSD had not turned on my card yet. I guess I don't understand that. I followed the letter exactly and it said nothing about having to call in and turn it on. Next day I called TSD. I asked her to turn on my card so I could start using it. She acted like she did not know what I was talking about. She said she would reset the app so I could at least get logged into it. Finally I have now been able to log into the app. I decided to go down to flyingJ to weigh my truck. I downloaded the FlyingJ app for the weigh scales but when trying to put in my card number and ID numbering in of course it would not let me do that. So back to the phone again calling EFS and then TSD. EFS said my card was not turned on yet. The TSD person was very rude and did not help me at all. Finally I just through up my hands and hung up.
I have sense e-mailed them with my problem but know one has replied. The support for this card seems non-exsistant and know one seems to care if you can us it or not. I am really ready to move on to someone other than this. Nothing should be this hard to get set up.
billdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #1117

Quote:

Jesse james
2010 42 Phaeton
Silverado Toad
Quote:
I signed up today for the TCS card. I'll see what I find.
This thread is about the TSD card, not the TCS card being issued in conjunction with FMCA. The two cards have a totally separate discount program, different discounts, and are managed by different companies.

Having people discuss both on the same thread gets confusing.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:03 AM   #1118

Quote:

Jesse james
2010 42 Phaeton
Silverado Toad
My post was in response to OATMEAL, who had a question about how the TSD discount of $0.16 per gallon at Loves only resulted in a net discount of $0.14 per gallon.

The question was about the TSD Fuel Program on this TSD Fuel Program thread. It was not in any was an attempt to compare discounts between the TSD Fuel Program and the FMCA TCS Fuel Program, which is a different fuel program and not the fuel program that is the subject of this thread.

I'm glad you found a different fuel program that you feel is better for you, but your discussion of the differences in the two programs might be more useful and less confusing to this thread, if posted on the current thread that is discussing the comparison between the FMCA TCS program and the TSD Fuel Program that is the subject of this thread.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/fmca-tcs-fuel-program-497191.html
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:31 AM   #1119

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebings View Post
Update: Received my invitation yesterday and now signed up. So took nine days to receive the invitation.
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:02 AM   #1120

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TSD Discount Program

I received my invite the other day and signed up. A little confusing but finally worked out.

You still use your EFS card and do not need to re-register. Just sign in with the EFS card number.

If you do not have an EFS card you must register to sign up.

The program works just the same as before using the EFS card. The only difference is the mobile app on your phone is now TSD.

I have used the card without issues and the discounts are better than Good Sam.

Tags
fuel, phone