Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2022, 09:34 PM   #1

Full wall slide

On my ‘07 Admiral 30 SFS, when my coach is in its storage garage for a few days, the full side slide pulls away from the body about 1 to 1 1/2 “. It uses hyd cylinders to operate it so is there a check valve to prevent this or what’s causing it to bleed off?
3dhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2022, 07:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You may check the top of the valve block, there may be a relief valve that you can use to move slide in an emergency. Check you manual, it probably has a section on how to move the slide in an emergency.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #3

I recently rebuilt my slide hydraulics on my 2001 Itasca with HWH slides.

If a slide moves after sitting for a while this indicates a loss of pressure somewhere.
What is not really apparent to most is that the pressurized fluid that is used to move the slide in or out, is also the means to keep the slide in its position. The pressure in the lines does not go away when your stop pressing the button to move it.

So, when a slide does move after setting, there is either a leak ( you can usually see fluid if there is a leak ) or, a solenoid is not sealing all the way and this is letting the pressurized fluid leak thru it and back into the fluid reservoir .

So, if you find any leakage look for a leaking ram cylinder, or a leaking line.
If no leaks, your problem is most likely a solenoid.
kwftlaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #4

Thank you for the response, I do not see a fluid leak anywhere in the system and the res. is full which could still be bypassing in one of the cylinders. With only one slide, does that mean only one solenoid or is there one for both directions of travel. Lastly how do you know who the manufacturer is for my make and model of coach should I want to order a solenoid?
Old 04-21-2022, 08:23 PM   #5

I'm not sure I am going to have the correct answer for you but I have the same model as yours only a 2 year difference. Is your reservoir under your door steps? Mine is. My jack system is from Lippert. On your dash, what does the controller say, if it's a Lippert system it will say LCI, as mine does. Saying that, I believe my slide system is Lippert as well beings my leveling jacks are Lippert.
Did you try moving your slide in and out a few times to see if it possibly clears it of something obstructing the valve?? Also, if you have to move it, you have slide locks, don't you??
Once you find out what the problem is, be sure and tell us your solution.
Others will be along with suggestions.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:05 PM   #6

I believe my system is in the compartment with the generator on the street side, my jack system is PowerGear. I do have slide locks. Might do a fresh fluid change and see if that helps, can’t hurt, thx
Old 04-22-2022, 09:23 AM   #7

What kwftlaud said. Since you don't have a leak sounds like an issue with the solenoid valve that closes the slide. Unless the fluid looks suspect, changing it is unlikely to help.

On my hydraulic slide each of the 2 slide solenoids has a lever to manually open it. If after you close the slide if you manually open the valves one at a time you will likely see that the slide moves a bit when the bad solenoid is opened. You may be able to get a rebuild kit for the valve.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:08 AM   #8

pics

Which component in these pics is the valve in question?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rambler.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	363382   Click image for larger version

Name:	rambler2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	587.9 KB
ID:	363383  

Old 04-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #9

I'm sure you noticed, in your pics it says LCI for Lippert.
Possibly Power Gear, you said for jacks, is a Lippert system.
I have called Lippert before and the guy I talked to gave me some good info on the system your pics show, specifically, manual slide operation.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #10

I contacted them yesterday and they sent me a 5 page print out on how to check for cyl bypass. No info on leaky valves. Said if its not a cyl then change the fluid.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:49 PM   #11

Did you try running the slide in and out a few times to see if possibly that would dislodge anything in the valve??
I haven't read anything on a filter for the hydraulic system. I think that would be a good idea. Construction equipment uses them.
So mow I'm thinking after saying what I just said, if their is something lodged in the valve and somehow it releases or moves on, it's still in the system. Depends on what it is I suppose.
After you change the oil, please let us know what happens.
Thank you.

EDIT: Someone with your exact system will show up and had the same problem and tell us how they fixed it. Hellooo out there!
Old 04-23-2022, 06:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhunt View Post
Which component in these pics is the valve in question?
I have an HWH system. Looks like I was wrongly assuming your system had similar solenoid valves.

If the guy from Lippert recommended charging the fluid you may as well give that a try.
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #13

just a follow up on my slide-creep. I drained the fluid (atf) from the reservoir on my Lippert slide system, which looked like new, and added 1 quart of atf, and one quart of Maxima 15wt motorcycle fork oil. It's been 3 days now and the slide is still tight to the body. I'm not sure if the fresh oil cleaned things up or the fork oil being 15wt thickened up the oil enough to help out. We are leaving for vacation Thursday the 5th so we'll see how the slide holds up in transit. Many rv'ers use the Maxima oil to eliminate leveling jack popping. I serviced that also with a quart of Maxima added to the fresh atf.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #14

Thank you for the update. I hope it works for you.
I am kind of curious on adding the 15wt to the system. I wouldn't think it would hurt, but who knows. Maybe someone who does know for sure will drop in. Possibly contact Lippert and ask, if it were me. I am not trying to sway you at all but beings I have the same system, it would be good to know. Is their a drain for the tank?? I haven't looked that close on mine, yet.
So far it sounds like you may have it solved. Good luck.

Tags
holiday rambler, slide