Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2021, 04:56 AM   #99

Well, one comment had it just right. The vast majority of these responses come from jerks who are the problem and the reason civility is an antiquity.
Danj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2021, 05:24 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWechsler View Post
Kind of new to all this. I have gassed up a few times here in South Florida. I have a 38 DP and pull to the pump, park and have to walk a good ways to the inside attendant to pay. You can't pay at the pump when at the trucker diesel spots. So, I have seen trucks sitting "parked" for a bit. But I am guessing once inside, the temptation to get a soda or use restroom is needed. Just learning the ropes.
Suggest you get a fuel card from TSD logistics. Their EFS card lets you pay at the pump & saves $$ occasionally. [Mod Edit] It is great! Only go inside for coffee now.
Damstenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:35 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3014oliver View Post
Relax Francis, perhaps they needed theirs receipt before someone behind them reset the pump. I have been to many gas stations that do not refill the paper for receipts making the customer go into the store to get one. Totally defeating the purpose of paying at the pump, especially during the pandemic or China flue whatever your perspective is on it.
Resetting the pump doesn't delete the receipt inside. You notice all the semis that pull forward and then they go inside to pay and get receipt? You can do the same thing too. There is a reason that all truck stops have a large area after the pump island to pull forward.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:48 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rube View Post
How can you blame people for blocking gas pumps when the station has a market/store for them to shop? THIS IS NOT the consumers fault stations do not have designated spots for shoppers that can accommodate most RV's.
Sorry but I disagree with blaming the person "shopping" at the gas station
Really Rube? Its the stores fault that people are inconsiderate? Because they lack the consideration to not block the pump so they can shop for gas station hot dogs and pizza?
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:04 AM   #103

If everyone would adopt the rule, "Treat everyone behind you the way you would like to be treated by those in front of you", the whole problem would be solved.
Why should a simple stop somewhere be so dramatic and difficult to refill a gas or fuel tank? If the stop looks like it's going to go south, pull through and visit the next fuel stop. This is why I plan to refuel before I really need to. At 1/2 tank I start searching for a station, which leaves me plenty of reserve fuel if I have to go elsewhere down the highway. It keeps my blood pressure at an acceptable level.
Fuel up and move out of the way or move on. There are plenty of places down the road to shop if you can't park out of the way after refueling.
The pump islands are for refueling. Not for a rest area.
Apply the "Golden Rule".
Old 11-20-2021, 08:14 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
If everyone would adopt the rule, "Treat everyone behind you the way you would like to be treated by those in front of you", the whole problem would be solved. ...................

............Fuel up and move out of the way or move on. There are plenty of places down the road to shop if you can't park out of the way after refueling.
The pump islands are for refueling. Not for a rest area.
Apply the "Golden Rule".
RVforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:46 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd727 View Post
Why didn't you just park in a parking spot?
Because all parking spots were already occupied by trucks. Next….
Bump999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #106

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gas Stations and rude RVers'

I always gas up and then move to a parking spot in back or the side, then go in and buy what I need, which is usually coffee.
Always think of others.
ronandjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalVV View Post
We just completed a 7900 mile 20 state RV trip. I must say that I was appalled by fellow RVers at gas stations. I have a gas motorhome with a road and try to use Google maps satellite view to scout out the best pump location before pulling in. Often times the best pump is the end pump and other motorhomes or trailers are using that pump. At least 50 percent of the time, they are done pumping gas but someone from the rig is inside buying something and the rig just sits there waiting and blocking the pump. I have had to sit and wait up to 15 minutes while they are waiting. Even going up to the person and asking them if they could move was met with a sneer and no movement. There was plenty of open space to pull in and wait. Please people, be considerate of your fellow RVers.
Welcome to the all about me world.
Roge160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogul264 View Post
When refilling diesel RVs at truck stops, once you have finished filling your RV, you should pull ahead at least half your vehicle's length (a line will probably be on the ground, go past it!) before going in to pay. This allows waiting semis to start THEIR refill, which could take considerably longer than yours. Common courtesy. Also note the master control may be on the LEFT. Truckers fill BOTH sides! If you have only a port on the passenger side, you must remove the nozzle on the left side, lay it down to start the process, and use the nozzle on the right. Don't forget, once filled, RETURN that left nozzle, too, to finish the process! (Learned the hard way!)
If we could only get the truck drivers to do the same. Things would move so much better.
TurtleB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:40 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger2 View Post
Really Rube? Its the stores fault that people are inconsiderate? Because they lack the consideration to not block the pump so they can shop for gas station hot dogs and pizza?
Once again CFS it's down to the bone.
TurtleB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #110

I've been filling up my diesel for the past 18 months out back with the big trucks. I would love to see someone fill their RV with a trucker behind them and when finished fueling just go into the store and leave your RV at the pump. You know all those diesel pumps I've been to at truck stops have a line ( usually yellow) out in front of your RV. When finished pull your RV up to the line so someone can fill up behind you. Even if no one is behind you when you finish filling pull up to the yellow line.
sally.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:41 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
Unfortunately, its a human condition. Doesn't matter what they are driving, or even if they are driving, some people just aren't aware of how their actions impact others. Others just don't care. I was waiting at a station one time to use the only pump that allowed me to make it through with my rig and the lady at the pump finished filling up and disappeared inside. She was gone for what seemed like forever, and finally came out carrying a Styrofoam container and plastic silverware. She climbed back in her car, flipped the lid open and proceeded to eat her lunch while parked next to the pump. Not sure how she missed the 40 Class A with a toad waiting to pull into her spot. My wife had to get out and ask her to move which she did.

One other common thing we now notice is a groups of people standing in the middle of a sidewalk, or at the entry/exit to a store chatting up a storm oblivious to the fact everyone has to go step off the sidewalk or weave through the middle of the group to get by. If you firmly say "Excuse me", and try to push by, they look at you like YOU are the jerk, then go right back to chatting. I'm afraid manners and common courtesy are vanishing from our society.
After I say,"Excuse me." and they DON'T move, I go a little louder and repeat. The THIRD time it's at the top of my lungs! They DO move then! Should any get offended, I would just say I thought they were hard of hearing! {I DON'T say they are hard -headed, actually "dense"!} Perhaps I should add I'm 6'2", 280#. I find it hard to be inconspicuous.
mogul264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogul264 View Post
After I say,"Excuse me." and they DON'T move, I go a little louder and repeat. The THIRD time it's at the top of my lungs! They DO move then! Should any get offended, I would just say I thought they were hard of hearing! {I DON'T say they are hard -headed, actually "dense"!} Perhaps I should add I'm 6'2", 280#. I find it hard to be inconspicuous.
Yeah and another thing... when I'm sitting out on the porch and those dang kids out on the street who wander by and play on my lawn...!
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas