Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 06:58 AM   #1

Georgie Boy opinions with purchasing

Considering the purchase of a 2004 Georgi Boy 34 Landau with Work Horse chassis. I am only familiar with the F-53 chassis. I am aware they are no longer in production and am seeking info on the drive ability compared to the F-53. The coach seems fairly well put together. Input much appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2018, 09:33 AM   #2

We have a 1999 Georgie Boy and enjoy it. It's a 34.5 footer but on the Ford platform.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Confirm the Workhorse brake recall was completed. Like all preowned units the maintenance records are of primary importance.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I own a 2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay on a Workhorse chassis and am very pleased, I cannot help with a comparison as I have never owned the equivalent Ford chassis but I do like the 8.1 and Allison combination.
riverat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #5

We have a 2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master on the W22 chassis that we bought new. Never had a Ford rig so can't compare. We had lots of water leak issues at the windshield when new. We have about 30K mile on it now. We had the front shocks replaced due to porposing and had a failed cooling unit replaced many years ago. We are currently on a trip since June from TX to New England and working our way back to TX. We have a levelling jack that appears to have air in it but other than that the trip has gone well. We did the same trip last year. We have enjoyed the MH and like the engine transmission combo. It drives well but on rough roads it can be rough. We tow a 2012 CRV and it pulls well. Good luck in your search.
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The 2004 Landau 34 used the Workhorse W-series chassis and it's a good one, technically superior to the Ford F53 of that year. However, Georgie Boy opted for the lighter duty W20 with a GVWR of 20,700 lbs and that's a little low for a coach that size (the same coach on a Ford F53 uses a 22,000 lb chassis). Check the Cargo Carrying Capacity (there will be an RVIA standard weight placard somewhere inside the coach) to determine how much gear, water & passengers can be carried. Note that the RVIA weight placard in 2004 separates passengers weigh (SCWR), Fresh Water, and Other Cargo into separate categories. If you carry fewer passengers or less water, you gain capacity for other cargo.

Do, however, make sure that the Bosch brake recall work was done.

Here's some further info on that year & model:
2004 Georgie Boy LANDAU - Class A | RVWeb.com
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #7

I have a vintage Georgie Boy, a 1987 Encounter with a tag axle. It is currently in my driveway being totally renovated.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #8

So, did you get it?

Just wondering what happened?
Did you get the Georgie Boy?
Old 08-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #9

We bought it 1999 Georgie Boy Cruisemaster from a friend who bought it new. Only had 15000 miles on her. We've doubled the mileage and love the coach. It's been reliable and easy to drive.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 AM   #10

Nice! My 1987 is still undergoing the complete renovation, but we have used it a couple times as a cool, dry, and comfortable place to sleep.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:53 AM   #11

Thanks for all the replies. Passed on the unit and was interested in a Cruisemaster of the same year. I was impressed by the floor plan and the and unit in general. After a good look at the RV I decide it was in need of a lot more tlc than I was willing to do. I ended up buying a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35U at another dealer. Have really enjoyed it thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_134801_HDR.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	258282  

Tags
georgie boy