Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #57

Just a little confused on what your problems are. Is it age of mh or condition?
Bags4266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #58

OPA?

Newbie here, showing my newbiness. What does OPA mean?
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
Why getting kicked out of an RV park when it's not your fault is becoming all to common. Pardon the sack religious expression, but I often think even God himself could get kicked out of some RV parks there that bad. I am being sarcastic of course to get a certain point across. If you get the jist. No pun intended. Anyway Often parks are mismanaged, are managed by people who are under qualified for the job, fall in disrepair or are being ran in ways that are not up to par with the law. Today's RV parks are designed to maximize the profit of their owners. Very few are designed with the comfort of the residence in mind.

10 Reasons Why People Leave Bad Reviews For RV Parks

I have even lived in fairly nice RV parks where the management were found to be drinking and doing drugs on the job. I've also lived at parks that got shut down because the owner cheated on their taxes for several years and the IRS or Uncle Sam finally caught up with them. In Southern Nevada you have to take out a $100,000 bond to be licensed as an RV park so some owners will stop at nothing to cheat on their taxes. Other parks not a dime of your money will go to support the local economy for the community in which the RV park is located. You might be surprised some of the pure garbage I've seen go on in RV parks. Some RV parks are worth the expensive rent and hassle you'll deal with being tightly squeezed in with other RVs. For those who want to enjoy real RV freedom and keep your feet firmly planted in one place, dry camping or owning your own private property with hookups in an RV friendly area might be the answer. Some state have tight restrictions regarding where you can park an RV. Others like Southern Nevada are so RV friendly you can park an RV just about anywhere as long as it's not on someone's private property. In Southern Nevada there are no time restrictions as to how long you can park on BLM land and for snowbirds it's one of the most popular boon docking destinations on earth. Each RV park has a hidden story behind the inviting signs and amenities. They also have their dark dirty little secrets they don't want any RVier to know about. Only a highly experienced RVier can see the hardest to spot problems with an RV park and get the idea of when it's time to move on. Just remember in an RV park the more tightly squeezed you are with your neighbors the more potential for trouble. Don't expect staff to fix anything if it's been broken for a while. Don't even ask. Something that simple could get a person booted from a park. Just move to a better campground. Some parks will try to bounce you out for no reason at all. Check out the article at the link above that fits my post to a tee and remember. Chose RV parks and neighbors wisely. You'll be happy in the long run you did. If RV parks staff is good about keeping the facilities in good repair, the Wi Fi will probably work good to. Today's RVers need to get picker or RV park owners will never change the error of their ways. While the RV lifestyle is one of the best in America. Unfortunately this is the growing scenario with many of today's RV parks. As the saying goes buyer beware, RVier beware.
Where I am at I have seen 6 or 8 asked to leave, over the last 5 years, could not pay their rent, disturbing others, pets left to run free and did not pick up after them, working on vehicles actually running a business which local ordinances prohibit. Their site and RV looked like a local junkyard, and asked nicely 2 or 3 times to clean up their site, told management they paid the rent and too bad.....The management here informs everyone when they first come in park rules will be followed or they will be asked to leave, this is for the safety and convenience of everyone, which I support.
rv1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #60

An interesting thing to do is look up the park on Google Earth Pro and you can get an overhead view of what is around it. I stayed a week in NE Ga at a site with a train track about 30 feet a way. It was near some switching station and we got about 2 trains per hour. It would raddle the windows. Looking at the review sites is very good to do also. If the review site doesn't have them, you be the first. I like value. This is the same as cheap, it is getting what you paid for no matter the cost.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #61

Texas Boomers Club
Been motorhoming for 23 years, stayed in all types of rv parks and never been kicked out of one.
Glensouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glensouth View Post
Been motorhoming for 23 years, stayed in all types of rv parks and never been kicked out of one.
Going on 50 plus years going back to TT and same here
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #63
T12

We like where we go

We like to camp in our 27 ft class A at Corps Of Engineers parks. Every one we have visited has great camp hosts. Our water heater stopped working and we had to use the camp shower. WOW! It was like the hosts lived for cleaning the showers. There is a website that has a reservation info. There is a time limit of around a week. However, at Tablerock Lake there are several campgrounds in close proximity. Cost? Currently $21.50 a night with water and power. I have a America Access Pass, $10.50 a nightdance:
T12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #64

I don't know where you got your So. Nev. BLM info, but it is simply not the case. I boondock wach winter in So.Nev. and I assure you there is the same 14 day limit as elsewhere.
rrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #65

Did the OP every state why he was thrown out and why it was someone else’s fault?
gcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #66

If you are always looking for the negative side of life, you will most likely find it. We have been rv'ing since the 70's and have never experienced the type of bad scenarios you portrayed. Especially in this day and age with the internet and campground reviews at your fingertips. It has never been easier to check out an RV park before going there. If you don't utilize the internet, you have only yourself to blame.
rjoney55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #67

The article sighted had nothing to do with getting kicked out but rather mentioned the staffs lack of kicking out beer swilling rabble rousing partiers and other poor neighbors as a reason to complain.

I more fully vet out the parks I am going to be staying longer than overnight and while some have been older and not in spa like condition most were run by people who wanted to do a good job. Those run to cater to hunters and other sportsmen of course will be a bit different than the family parks with facilities beyond the bare bones accommodations more common with the hunters camps.

Never been kicked out of any park since introduced to camping in 1960.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #68

we've been MHing since 1986 and have never been asked to leave a park. we've done it all...public parks (federal, state, county, local), resorts, private parks, boon docking. in fact the only time we've ever seen or heard of a party being asked to leave was at a state park in Illinois on labor day weekend. a group was extremely obnoxious entertaining themselves by breaking glass against a rock and serenading the park with their stereos turned up all the way. they ignored a warning to stop and were summarily asked to leave. well, they were offered a choice...face arrest or leave. good riddance.

on the rare occasion when we have a problem with a site i'll inform the staff and the issue is usually quickly resolved. I don't demand, I respectfully ask. attitude and respect go a long way.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
Why getting kicked out of an RV park when it's not your fault is becoming all to common. Pardon the sack religious expression, but I often think even God himself could get kicked out of some RV parks there that bad. I am being sarcastic of course to get a certain point across. If you get the jist. No pun intended. Anyway Often parks are mismanaged, are managed by people who are under qualified for the job, fall in disrepair or are being ran in ways that are not up to par with the law. Today's RV parks are designed to maximize the profit of their owners. Very few are designed with the comfort of the residence in mind.

10 Reasons Why People Leave Bad Reviews For RV Parks

I have even lived in fairly nice RV parks where the management were found to be drinking and doing drugs on the job. I've also lived at parks that got shut down because the owner cheated on their taxes for several years and the IRS or Uncle Sam finally caught up with them. In Southern Nevada you have to take out a $100,000 bond to be licensed as an RV park so some owners will stop at nothing to cheat on their taxes. Other parks not a dime of your money will go to support the local economy for the community in which the RV park is located. You might be surprised some of the pure garbage I've seen go on in RV parks. Some RV parks are worth the expensive rent and hassle you'll deal with being tightly squeezed in with other RVs. For those who want to enjoy real RV freedom and keep your feet firmly planted in one place, dry camping or owning your own private property with hookups in an RV friendly area might be the answer. Some state have tight restrictions regarding where you can park an RV. Others like Southern Nevada are so RV friendly you can park an RV just about anywhere as long as it's not on someone's private property. In Southern Nevada there are no time restrictions as to how long you can park on BLM land and for snowbirds it's one of the most popular boon docking destinations on earth. Each RV park has a hidden story behind the inviting signs and amenities. They also have their dark dirty little secrets they don't want any RVier to know about. Only a highly experienced RVier can see the hardest to spot problems with an RV park and get the idea of when it's time to move on. Just remember in an RV park the more tightly squeezed you are with your neighbors the more potential for trouble. Don't expect staff to fix anything if it's been broken for a while. Don't even ask. Something that simple could get a person booted from a park. Just move to a better campground. Some parks will try to bounce you out for no reason at all. Check out the article at the link above that fits my post to a tee and remember. Chose RV parks and neighbors wisely. You'll be happy in the long run you did. If RV parks staff is good about keeping the facilities in good repair, the Wi Fi will probably work good to. Today's RVers need to get picker or RV park owners will never change the error of their ways. While the RV lifestyle is one of the best in America. Unfortunately this is the growing scenario with many of today's RV parks. As the saying goes buyer beware, RVier beware.
It is hard not to judge the original poster because of the basically illiterate composition. I'm sure others will chime in, but our feelings are that there's two sides to every story and this is definitely a defensive side presented here. Yes, there always will be issues with anyone who has ownership or management rights. Why do all the bad things happen to one person? Just saying.
LizJimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #70

"sack religious"?

blog | lemmy community
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote