Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Carolina Campers
given up

Thanks for the assistance I have received from members in this forum, and trying everything that was suggest and not getting it done , I have gave up and now I am going to take my motorhome to the dealer and let them try and fix my problem with my interior light not working or the back up camera not working and my battery problem and my slide not working off the house battery. I have a appointment for it oct.24, once again thanks for all your help.
danford50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #2

I've pretty much done the same thing. My backup camera doesn't work my overhead headliner has dropped 2 in and my suspension is so rough I can't figure it out. So to the dealer she goes.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danford50 View Post
Thanks for the assistance I have received from members in this forum, and trying everything that was suggest and not getting it done , I have gave up and now I am going to take my motorhome to the dealer and let them try and fix my problem with my interior light not working or the back up camera not working and my battery problem and my slide not working off the house battery. I have a appointment for it oct.24, once again thanks for all your help.
I looked up some information on the coach listed in your profile, a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite Class C, 30-footer. I also looked at your prior thread on battery problems.

As you admitted in the first post of that thread that you are not an "electrician," you may want to ask the dealer to walk you through the electrical system on your coach in advance of, and after (once the problem is found) the repair, so you can know- for the future- what is where, and what each part is supposed to do. It's worth paying them a bit extra for that service, if you have to pay.

Several posts on that thread also pointed you to the "12 Volt Side of Life" Web pages, which are a great resource for self-education on 12-volt RV systems. It'd be worthwhile to read and understand that info before you go to the dealer.

I suspect your coach's 12-volt problem could be found without a lot of "electrician" knowledge. It just requires a multimeter and an interest in learning about this aspect of your coach. Having a friend who knows more about RV electrical systems than you do would be a help; perhaps you know someone like that.

While you wait for your visit to the dealer, I'd put a standard 12-volt battery charger on the coach's "house" battery and let it charge for a couple of days, then see if the "house" 12V systems work correctly.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hope it goes well for you! Sorry that the folks on here were not able to help you solve the problems.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #5

WOW, 3 more weeks to wait to get in and that's just for them to look at it. I hear the frustration in your post. This thing is brand new and all these problems. And some seem to be big problems like SLIDES. Here we go again Lippert.

We have a neighbor sitting right next to us with the exact same coach with multiple problems of a different nature. He took it to CW a couple of days ago to see about getting it fixed. May take a couple of months. A COUPLE OF MONTHS! And they are FTers. They're not going anywhere soon.

A little advice...if your dealer doesn't produce results and make this coach whole & reliable, remember, there are a lot of other RV service companies that can and do warranty work.

This is may help you down the road to find one of these shops or just call Thor and ask them who's authorized in your general area.
RV Service Reviews

You may also think about getting coach-net.com for things that may pop up while you're on the road.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
WOW, 3 more weeks to wait to get in and that's just for them to look at it. I hear the frustration in your post. This thing is brand new and all these problems. And some seem to be big problems like SLIDES. Here we go again Lippert.
It may not be the same on the OP's coach. but on ours the slide motor power comes from the house batteries. Thus, the weak house battery charge may be the cause of the slide problem. Can't "tag" Lippert with this one, yet.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:19 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford50 View Post
On our Winnebago, we need to have the engine running and the parking brake set to operate the slide. That motor draws a lot of power. This is what we were told to do when we bought it.
I wouldn't expect to be able to run the slide on just the house battery alone.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanx Mark for the website link.

One question:

Our present RV trailer 3 years ago I upgraded from the standard group 24 deep cycle battery to one group 29 deep cycle. We do "some" dry camping, but don't see a need to go full bore with two 6 volt set-up. With the one group 29, I have seen much better power storage for our stints off the cord.

We are taking delivery on a new RV trailer in two weeks ( Outdoors RV Timber Ridge). It has two batteries or the dealing supplies two. I original asked for two group 29's. The dealer said they were too big (long) for the spot the batteries go. He said two group 27's will fit. I notice the group 31's are only a fraction of a inch long. It is worth while to see if two 31's will fit, or are 31's a different type of animal?

I don't really want to get into the 6 volt system...just for the fact if one 6-volt crapped out, I'm power-less.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:41 AM   #9

Perhaps if you didn't have multiple threads about the same problem and interacted more with the people trying to assist you, especially by answering their specific questions, your results may have been more successful.

Good luck with your dealer experience, make sure you understand what they fixed, and in the meantime at least put a charge on that/those batteries to keep from letting them die.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote