Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2022, 08:11 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
selling your coach

I have sold two coaches and bought another two thru RV Trader - their ad rates are a heckuva lot less than consignment fees.
To get a reasonable idea of the market value of yours, spend a little time on RV Trader checking out similar makes and ages - you'll quickly get a gut feel for how your competes.
Take a set of really good pictures - that it what will bring a serious buyer because he has "seen" it already and should eliminate the tire kickers....
Don't be shy about making appointments to fit your schedule.
Clearing your title first is not that important as most buyers are going to finance it s well and let the two banks work out the draft for title...
Bob and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2022, 08:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post
TOTALLY AGREE!!! I used Pops and was super pleased! I bought mine in CA. Broker person met me at the sellers home. Was right there while I did an inspection. I agreed to buy it, notified Pops and they released my funds to the seller. Got in and drove it home! Call them and they will explain how they do business. Also, the buyer pays their fee, not the seller. I think it’s what you are looking for!!
We sold our '16 Bounder using POP RV in June 2022. One no-show (poorly arraigned by another POP agent because our agent was not available). Two showings over a 6 wk period and it was sold.

Contrary to the quote above, we (seller) paid the 10% sales commission. I do believe the buyer may have had some minor fees to POP also. POP did all the coordination between buyer, buyer's financing, us and our credit union (lien holder).

BTW, buyer does not get a test ride (POP strongly discourages allowing the prospective buyer to drive) until they have made an offer. Before the test ride started, I suggested where I planned to drive and to see if they had any specific requests. I gave the new owner my phone number and he has called me 4 or 5 times in the first couple of months asking specific detail questions about how various systems work. All in all, a good transaction.

One final comment, POP also does marine - actually their first business. Here in Southeast Michigan in May/June the POP agents are busy with showings.
aribert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmorgan997 View Post
You may want to advertise in the Fort Myers area. Quite a few people in our RV park lost their rigs and are looking to purchase. If you send me details, I'm happy to post to our park's private FB group.
Thanks, I just sent you a private message here on the forum.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenB View Post
Contact Cindy Green with MotorHomeFinders.com
I bought one through her. She sells campers for fold in your situation! Good people!
Just sent them an email. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Lisa View Post
I have sold two coaches and bought another two thru RV Trader - their ad rates are a heckuva lot less than consignment fees.
To get a reasonable idea of the market value of yours, spend a little time on RV Trader checking out similar makes and ages - you'll quickly get a gut feel for how your competes.
Take a set of really good pictures - that it what will bring a serious buyer because he has "seen" it already and should eliminate the tire kickers....
Don't be shy about making appointments to fit your schedule.
Clearing your title first is not that important as most buyers are going to finance it s well and let the two banks work out the draft for title...
Thanks - it's still an option under consideration. I have to figure out if I have the time to dedicate to it.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:13 AM   #34

I consigned two different times. Both times with negative results. First time the dealer selling for me took a trade for my unit so I ended up on the short stick of the sale. Ended up owing money to get rid of the one year old unit.
The second time I did not owe anything on a fifth wheel but like you just did not have time to show the trailer. So I consigned it. Later found it on the far back side of a dirt lot, filthy urine in the potty and no offers. You will me IMHO be far better off selling it yourself. Most dealers obviously want to sell their units first. Lookers can trash your unit. Maybe the dealer will move your unit if they can take a trade and get it for free.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog2 View Post
I consigned two different times. Both times with negative results. First time the dealer selling for me took a trade for my unit so I ended up on the short stick of the sale. Ended up owing money to get rid of the one year old unit.
The second time I did not owe anything on a fifth wheel but like you just did not have time to show the trailer. So I consigned it. Later found it on the far back side of a dirt lot, filthy urine in the potty and no offers. You will me IMHO be far better off selling it yourself. Most dealers obviously want to sell their units first. Lookers can trash your unit. Maybe the dealer will move your unit if they can take a trade and get it for free.
Not understanding how a dealer accepting a trade on the consignment sale would have made any difference in your net proceeds. When you consign a rig for sale you set the price you are willing to accept. If the dealer wants to sell it for less they would need your approval. The only thing a trade may complicate is the dealer may hold up paying you until they get a title to the trade which shouldn’t exceed a couple of weeks for paperwork to process.
As for owing additional money to clear a lien on a one year old rig, that is the norm. The greatest depreciation in almost any purchase is when it goes from new to used. That holds true be it RVs, cars or underwear. Almost everyone is upside down one year into an RV loan unless they made a huge (33%+/-) down payment over and above the sales tax.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
No Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coarsegold View Post
I agree with you as I recently sold mine on RV Trader but he said he is just too busy being an airline pilot. No time for tire kickers, and I did have a few of them, making an appointment and waiting for them to show up and then spending about 1 hour with each one to check it out.
No time? That's what friends are for, right? Or, if we can hire a dog walker we should be able to hire a local RV shower. Give a local person the money and they will have much more incentive than a consignor who makes more off higher priced units. Use craigslist to find the best person, preferably a current RV owner...I'm retired and would be happy for the income possibility
Feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:18 PM   #37

That is a good point, maybe have a friend or neighbor who you know well enough and needs a few dollars. Use RV Trader and list his phone. Maybe give him a $1,000 if he sells it. At some point you'll have to meet at the bank to make it happen though. If I lived closer I would help, but not even in same time zone.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coarsegold View Post
That is a good point, maybe have a friend or neighbor who you know well enough and needs a few dollars. Use RV Trader and list his phone. Maybe give him a $1,000 if he sells it. At some point you'll have to meet at the bank to make it happen though. If I lived closer I would help, but not even in same time zone.

That MAY work, but if the friend/neighbor is not really familiar with your RV, it could easily sound like a scam to a prospective buyer (an owner who knows nothing about the coach).

My suggesting is to list it yourself for a week or two before deciding to give up 10%.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:46 PM   #39

I agree with Brett. List it on RVtrader with several pictures and a description and see what interest you get. If it's fairly priced an interested buyer will work around your schedule. Then, you are in control till it's sold and you would save the commission.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:09 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
I am going to sell my coach. I have a loan out on it so no clear title available to the seller at time of sale, it would have to be paid for then title released upon satisfaction of loan. Given the complexities that situation introduces into the sale coupled with my limited time available due to work to devote to the sale, I am going to have to put it up for consignment. I'm in Houston, so I would like to keep the consignment to the Houston/Dallas/San Antonio/Austin areas. I don't feel like driving it 15 hours away to put it up for consignment unless there is a very compelling reason to do so.

Maybe give these folks a call? Used RV's Motorhomes, RV Service & Sales Houston, Texas
Old 10-20-2022, 06:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
Once I choose a place, what do I have to look out for? How do there places "get" you? Added expenses, etc?
That was my biggest issue with PPL. They did the job of selling my uncle’s MH (I was managing the sale for him) but they kept “finding” things that they “needed to fix” and started the repairs without letting me know. If I had it to do over again I would use them under the caveat that the coach is older and is sold as is. Their shenanigans ended up costing me $2500 of parts and labor and that was really high. They replaced a toilet that they said was leaking and one leveling jack. That’s maybe $500 in parts so we got juiced pretty good. In the end we got what we wanted for it and didn’t have to mess with selling it ourselves, my uncle was ok with the extra cost so I had to be as well.

They got it sold but I came away feeling ripped off.
Justin Tarver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, sale