Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvlioon View Post
We are extremely disappointed with Good Sam Travel Assist. I plan to ask for a full refund!
Our story...We are traveling from Florida in an Class A Motorhome. We are new to RV’s. We broke down on I-35 on our way to Austin Texas just outside of Waco. We thought having a Good Sam Travel Assist membership protected us for such an event. We were WRONG! After many calls, (they use overseas call centers) and Several misleading texts On the ETA from Good Sam’s, we can say...Good Sam Assist is a Farce!
After more than four hours dangerously parked on the side of the highway at Mile Marker 314 on I-35, out of frustration we called Freightliner, the manufacturer of our chassis. Their 24-hr service immediately called Waco Towing & Recovery with us on the line. Within an hour Drake & Ethan we’re onsite getting our rig out of danger and towed to an authorized Freightliner service provider, Lonestar Truck Group.

There is Absolutely no excuse or response that can be made to justify Good Sam’s poor service.
Am I missing something here? Isn't Travel Assist for help relating to medical issues and Roadside Assist is for mechanical problems? Or were you just assuming wrong? Sorry if that was the case. Either way, I'd never use GS, only Coachnet.
W4KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #16

From everything I have read, arming yourself with the duo of FMCA and CoachNet is about as good a plan as it gets.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #17

Coach-Net just announced that travel assistance services have been added as a free benifit to members. This is provided by AirMed and includes RV return too. Thanks Coach-Net. 😁
W4KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Hope this helps:
Date: Saturday August 29, 2020 @ 12:06 AM Central Time Zone
Location: I-35 South, Mile Marker 314 - my RV engine shut down.
Well we have Good Sam Roadside Assistant for just that reason, far from home and in desperate need of help!
I immediately called their 800#. After holding for a while, I had a call center operator who definitely did not have English as his first language. (In fact during the many calls I made with them, I am taking an educated guess that Good Sam Roadside Assistant uses off-shore call centers most likely located in an Asian country.)

After an hour, I again called to get a status report. I was told that there will be help arriving momentarily. Soon after, I received a text at 1:26 PM with a Ref# And the message stating “ZipFixx HD - Austin is delayed.” The text message stated the “new ETA is 2:55 PM.” I believe that if one purchases roadside assistance, you should expect reliable help. I had at least three more telephone calls with Good Sam Roadside Assistant over a total of four and half hours while stranded 16 inches off a two lane highway with the speed limit of 75. I received several text messages including one that stated “ZipFixx HD - Austin is expected arrive within 10 minutes.” This message was was three hours after my first call! Good Sam Never sent the help we needed. Before you choose Good Sam, I strongly recommend you reconsider your options.

BTW, as Good Sam continued to frustrate us, we contacted Freightliner 24-hour service. Their call center is clearly staffed in the US with well-trained call center techs. We called them because they are the manufacturer of our chassis for our new Tiffin Allegro Red. Because Good Sam continued to give us information that they momentarily would be there, they provided us with the location to their authorized truck service center plus they continued to follow up to see if Good Sam had sent the wrecker. After Four hours, they took charge and had a wrecker onsite within 60 minutes! The repairs and tow were fully covered under warranty. I am not happy we had the problem. I am Extremely Upset at Good Sam Roadside Assistant’s service and will be Demanding 100% refund of the Four Year contract upon our return home in a few weeks!
Pvlioon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4KMA View Post
Am I missing something here? Isn't Travel Assist for help relating to medical issues and Roadside Assist is for mechanical problems? Or were you just assuming wrong? Sorry if that was the case. Either way, I'd never use GS, only Coachnet.

No you are correct, it’s medical only
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4KMA View Post
Coach-Net just announced that travel assistance services have been added as a free benifit to members. This is provided by AirMed and includes RV return too. Thanks Coach-Net. [emoji16]

This is true, I switched from good Sam’s roadside and medical and went to Coachnet
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel