Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2018, 05:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Of course you do not!

Again McDonald's delivered an unsafe product and the jury awarded a large punitive damage award. This is an example of how our legal system should work.
This is my point in my first post to this thread. McDs executives knew about the problem. But if they changed anything, and profits dropped they could lose their job. But if the unsafe product keeps going out the window, and money in, their job is safe. When somebody gets hurt the corp pays out, price goes up to maintain profits.

Quote:
For example, cigarettes are not a dangerous product. For all of my adult life I have observed many smoking and not seen one person killed.

I do not smoke, my parents told me it was not good for me. In fact it was common knowledge in the 50s and 60s. Also I know of no one being forces to smoke.
I think you are arguing against settled science here.

Quote:
So there is a whole list of things that are not good for us that we enjoy. I am going to enjoy a beer or two later on.

I work in the power industry. The benefit to society are huge. Things like clean drinking water. It takes power to pump water.

Are there risks? Yes but they are insignificant.
I can see what this means to the discussion. Reading the rest of the post I have to think back to a earlier statement;

Quote:
I did spend a lot of time in school which allowed me to spend a lot of time working for a good wage.
Did you learn in school or after the difference in definition Democracy compared to Capitalism? One was to be the founding principle of our country, the other, at the start of the country was to be tightly regulated.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
I didn't spend much time in school, and did not pay much attention when I was there ....... "A corporate executive is more likely to be held personally liable if he pulled a profitable but defective product off the market then if he let the product kill the people that bought it".
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
For example, cigarettes are not a dangerous product. For all of my adult life I have observed many smoking and not seen one person killed.
That is a ridiculous statement. If you haven’t seen them killed it is probably because you don’t hang around cancer hospitals. Ask any Oncologist how many people he or she has seen killed because of smoking.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That is a ridiculous statement. If you haven’t seen them killed it is probably because you don’t hang around cancer hospitals. Ask any Oncologist how many people he or she has seen killed because of smoking.
Not really! Maybe a dictionary would help you understand the meaning of 'dangerous' and 'kill'.

If everything is dangerous and everything kills you, the words lose there meaning. Personal injury trial attorneys like to use hyperbole.

Water is dangerous. This morning on the news was a video from a police officer's body cam. He was reviving a lifeless baby found in a backyard wading pool. Just of moment of parental inattention in a situation not perceived as dangerous.

Two things here. The police wear body cams because of hyperbole by personal injury trial attorneys and the fake news media. This little girl is now more likely to die of cancer.

So are you going to tell me the police officer killed her with cancer by saving her life?

It is a matter of you you look at things. Blame others or practice personal responsibility.

There one and only one significant factor in death rates and poor heath. Getting old! And that sure beats the alternatives.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #19

Yes, it is a fact of life; If you don't die of something else first, cancer will kill you.

Quote:

Two things here. The police wear body cams because of hyperbole by personal injury trial attorneys and the fake news media.
IMHO, police wear body cams because they are too scared of the people of the community. They are brainwashed trained to think they do the most dangerous job in the world. Before they start their shift any OTJ injury, not only in their area, but anywhere, must be discussed so they know the world is out to get them. (In a some of occupations, by the end of that discussion the shift would be over)
My most recent encounter with LEO. I'm taking a break, working on a car in driveway, nearly napping on the creeper. Officer stops, and asks out window, "Are you ok?" "Yes, waiting for bro, with parts and more tools" At this point officer deserved, and would of got a thank you if he rolled. But he gets out of his car, "Do you have any ID?" Now in my mind there is at least 3 points. Garage door open, air hoses, extension cords and tools scattered around, if I didn't belong this would be a bad place to nap. 2) For decades, before I call under I put everything out of pockets in my hat, at home I come out with MT pockets. 3) And most important, what am I doing to give him a reason to see my ID? But what I say is "You don't need to be scared, I will not hurt you." He is standing up, in his 20s and body armor. I, well past 60, am laying flat on my back with both hands on fat belly. "I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!" "Why do you have your hand on your gun?" Things kind of went down hill from there. Offered to go in house, get my wallet, but he is not coming with "Why do you have your hand on your gun?" The other 2 cars in the drive are registered in my name, you can check that. He calls for backup. "Why do you have your hand on your gun?" The old couple that lives across the street come home, ask if help is needed. "No, he just wants to know who I am, Why do you have your hand on your gun?" 2 more cars, lights and siren, which gets more people out of houses. Now we have 3, and one can't get hand off gun. Somebody calls police station to find out what is going on, so a Sargent shows up. I guess he had the authority, or sense to realize that all the people would not lie, I did live there...
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
3) And most important, what am I doing to give him a reason to see my ID? But what I say is "You don't need to be scared, I will not hurt you." ..
ScD you do come across as someone who may not have the ability to see how you appear to others.

I had a similar experience. I was stopped on a country road leaning on the trunk. A female deputy (who was a neighbor and used my daughter for babysitting) pulls over and immediately assumes a defensive posture with her hand on her weapon and on the balls of her feet. 'What am I doing?' My reply was I was waiting for....

A strained conversation continued until the person I was waiting arrived and used clothing was exchanged.

The deputy then assumed a relaxed position seeing my behavior was not a threat to anyone. She and I then had a nice conversation about local enforcement concerns. Namely a son who was a teenager driver. He had been pulled over and given a warning by every LEO in the county. They were concerned they would have to put him a body bag.

A few days later I was enjoying the mountain view and hot coffee. I decided to drive lead foot school on the way to work because of the potential for black ice. He thought it was a debate but I (the evil dictator) already had his keys.

I got a call at 10am. His friend had died when he slid off the mountain on the same road we had driven. That weekend we went to visit my sister. We were fresh on the scene of two young men who were partially decapitated. My son said he did not understand how it happened.

And that is my point. In life you have to understand how bad thing happen to prevent them. Root cause not root blame.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #21

Good year tires

I used Goodyear tires exclusively on my dept for 33 years with out one failure. That was on 30 plus trucks.
I bought a motor home with brand new Chinse made tires and had a blow out on the front unders 5000 miles. Checked the air pressure that morning, never noticed any pulling, tire blew at 4:30 that day.
Change all 6 to Goodyear.

Just my experiences, don’t have to guess if it’s true or not like things you read on the net. I lived it. My .02.

Bones
boneyard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard51 View Post
I used Goodyear tires exclusively on my dept for 33 years with out one failure. That was on 30 plus trucks.
I bought a motor home with brand new Chinse made tires and had a blow out on the front unders 5000 miles. Checked the air pressure that morning, never noticed any pulling, tire blew at 4:30 that day.
Change all 6 to Goodyear.

Just my experiences, don’t have to guess if it’s true or not like things you read on the net. I lived it. My .02.

Bones
So what that you checked the air that morning. Unless you had a working tpms you have no idea of what caused your tire failure. Low air pressure causes the tire to heat up and fail. Fast loss or slow over several hours.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote