Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #1

Got a pleasant surprise today

Figured I'd perform some maintenance on the house today. I purchased some Bilistien shocks back in December along with a Banks cold air intake and a Gibson exhaust setup. All of this will get installed in a couple of weeks at a friends house since he has the room.

Anyways I saw two boxes with the exhaust and assumed both were new mufflers since my stock setup has two installed. I opened the boxes up today and was surprised to see a set of headers too! I paid $560 for a complete performance exhaust since CW wanted to get rid of it.

I also checked the water level in the house and coach batteries. They were newly installed in December and other than two weeks, we haven't used the coach other than me starting everything up monthly. Each battery water level was low and took about 20 oz to fill in each battery. It's possible they were low when installed as the dealer had them in before we arrived. I'll start checking these monthly too.

I look forward to seeing the difference with new shocks, exhaust and the cold air intake. We will be taking short trips over the weekends but the wife & I are heading to Maine in June.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations! I like suprises like that, instead of the ones- that I normally get- where you open and are missing a key item(s).
Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote