Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Greywater Overflow Solution

I found a great little device from Amazon that alarms when it gets wet. My greywater floods into the shower stall and then onto the floor making a real mess. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this wonderful experience, LOL.

The item is the Leak Frog and it really works After showering, just dry the shower floor and place the Leak Frog on the shower floor, if the contacts on the bottom get wet it sound off.

Leak Frog LF001 Water Alarm - Amazon.com
eodgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like a great idea! I have had at least 4 shower overflows, that have wet my bedroom carpet and like you said, generally makes a mess. Sometimes, it happens when we are just sitting in the coach, reading or working on the laptop. It's a "silent" danger! The last time, a neighbor camper came over and knocked on our door and said that we had water dripping out of both our side walls! We didn't have a clue! I'm going to order one right away! Thanks!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3

I don't have that particular one but I do have two others that I use under the kitchen sink and behind the toilet. Each has saved me from a leak that might have gone unnoticed for awhile.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #4

I don't see why anyone would need such a thing. Don't you watch your tank monitors.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I think they're a great idea! And if I didn't? I wouldn't make a mean remark.
momto6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

Nice idea. I could see using it in other locations to get an early warning on any slide out or sink leaks. As for the nasty comment - I guess we all know what the capital "A" stands for. Some people sure are rude.
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I din't see any nasty comment, just a question.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #8

im ordering one now thanks good idea
Old 11-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
I don't see why anyone would need such a thing. Don't you watch your tank monitors.
I see why folks would need such a thing. One day, you may also.

Leak Frog would be a fantastic back-up for tank monitors that may lie to us when they get a slight residue, and for a faucet that leaks or was left dripping overnight, or or a leaking slide, or other such mishaps.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
KIX

Quote:
Just wondering where your monitor is for a slide out leak?
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have several of these in my stick house and in several locations of the MH.
They also make nice house gifts for children and grandchildren.

Basement Watchdog Battery-Operated Water Alarm-BWD-HWA at The Home Depot
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
My tank monitors (as well as many other's) are practically worthless, as they read full, all the time. Also, even if they worked great, who thinks of going to check them every minute? It only takes a little while, for the shower to fill to overflowing. And.....like another said, who has a monitor for a slide out leak or an overflowing shower?

The best thing about it, is that there is an "alarm" that lets you know something is wrong, in plenty of time, for you to act, to prevent a mess! My FROG is being shipped today! Thank you eodgator!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #13

Good device. My nose has never let me down. But I do have to go into the bathroom for it to go into alarm mode.Also,my RO water system drains into the gray water tank and despite watchful monitoring,I could end up with a mess. I need one of those!

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #14

I didn't intend to insult anyone. But I choose to not worry about every possible thing that could go wrong. I'll do my regular maintenance and if something else goes wrong, I'll fix it. Is it possible I could get a leak somewhere? Yes. Do I need a $25.00 plastic frog to tell me I have a leak? No. To each his own. I'm sure my 12 and 14 year old granddaughters will be thrilled to have one of those frogs.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water