Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

Hand painting logos?

Has anyone tried to repaint the logo on you MH or TT? Mine are in sad shape and I was thinking of removing what is left and use the ghosts outline to repaint it with maybe paint for pin-stripping or something else. Please share ideas, pictures, success or failure stores.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Take the old logo to a local sign shop and have them make them with 10 year 3m vinyl.
Bigdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

Hand painting logos?

Bigdls, would a picture with notes on the size work? There is not enough of the old logo left to remove in one piece.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:27 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It should Charlie. I took my Executive logo that was in a few pieces and they matched the size and font perfectly. I had mine made a quarter inch larger, just to make sure it covered the discolored area where the plastic logo was.

This was the best solution, as the old logo was broken and the paint was faded. Gluing and re-painting wasn't going to look good.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #5

Thanks Bigdls, sounds like a good solution.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We couldn't get the old, faded "W" off the sides. Scuffed and prepped and painted over the decal with gloss black textured paint. On it's third season now and one of the "W" corners has peeled a bit - will need to touch up this Spring. Below is the "Before and After." \ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterLogo.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	86138  
Attached Images

Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #7

Did you try ordering the logos from the manufacturer?
tunafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
In my case, the "Vectra" logo sits on top of the "W" logo. And the "W" logo was the logo that had disintegrated in the call-of-duty (the "Vectra" logo is still in fine shape). Even if I was able to get a replacement "W" I wouldn't have been able to use it without destroying the "Vectra" logo. Any number of after-market sources could be available for logos that are not stacked on top of one-another, I s'ppose. \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
In my boating days we used guys/gals that would paint what ever we wanted on the transom of the boat.
I guess I forgot all about the peoples after I got out of Boating. I am going to look them up again and have them do it. I just don't have the nerves to do it myself...
It was around $100 bucks back then. I suppose there a little higher now...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The sign shop we used charged all of $3 per logo. I needed 4, but bought 6 for a few spares. Also the shop has it in the computer if I ever need another in the future. Won't be home for a few days, but when I get there, and if I can figure out how to upload here, I'll post a picture.

Tags
paint