Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #1

HELP!!! ANYONE ELSE HAVE MY PROBLEM...."FT...what the heck are we doing?"

It has been a long, long spring and summer. The house is sold (well, sort of...short sale, ug ...that's why it took so long)! We're getting everything sold or ??. The kids (2 adult children....one disabled) are settled. We have a long history of camping...tent then MH x 3....we have the one that we'll work on over the winter THEN COME Spring WE ARE outta here. But, during this long drawn out time the excitment is listing dangerously into the dark waters of 'second guessing!' I've read all the blogs I can handle. Repacked and repacked....'do I really need that....do I need all these clothes.....WHAT THE HECK ARE WE DOiNG!'

I'm desparate for some shared concerns. We love traveling, nature, etal....but this is something that has me at best C R A Z Y!!
cmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I will be FT in a few years, can't help you, but I'm sure others here can...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. I can understand your concern but my guess it'll work out for you. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your concerns are not unusual but I'd suggest just grabbing yourself by the seat of the pants and jumping in with both feet. You'll never come up with all the "right answers" as to what you should pack, etc... so just take your best shot and make adjustments along the way. So long as safety issues are under control, what's the worse that can happen?

Best of luck

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #5

Thanx for the kind words and encouragement. I think if we had been on the road for the summer it might not have been such a long wait but as it turns out I DO see that this timing is the best. I know that once 'on the road' things will calm down to a gentle lull...well, I can hope! Thank you all.
cmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #6

Yep, been there, done that. Still getting rid of stuff I just knew I had to keep. And no, you don't need all those clothes, dishes, what nots, relax, enjoy the life. That's what it's all about anyway.

Good luck
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #7

"No matter how deep a study you make, what you really have to rely on is your own intuition, and when it comes down to it, you really don't know what's going to happen until you do it."
Konosuke Matsushita

Or as Nike says "Just do it"
Old 08-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #8

DW and myself have been on the road since Feb this year. Slowly but surely making our way down to Pensacola to winter over. I see you're not too far from there. We sold house in Mar of 13 and then commenced to pitching/donating/selling those things we didn't need. DW kept some of her keepsakes in a local storage unit. I travel lighter than her. We know how you feel, and all we can say is once you jump into the deep end of the pool it will be better. We have no regrets on embarking on this lifestyle. I can't go wrong here!!! IT WAS DW'S IDEA.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #9

Hit the Road

Wife and I hit the road this April rented house out to relative spent the summer in Morro Bay CA, now will be traveling until December to winter in Lake Havasu AZ for 4 months, plan to see Yellowstone in the Spring then on to Durango Colorado maybe Morro Bay in July or San Diego keep it simple and have good time.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #10

Thank you, again, for the thoughtful posts. We really are both so excited now that we are about 5 weeks from realizing this dream that started more than a year ago.I'm not the patient type,especially, when it comes to something that I personally had given up hope on ever doing in my life time. It is a fascinating story, but I digress....thank you and stay tune for the launch....weeeeeeee!!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
If you are a class a Motorhome'er, you may want to contact the FMCA "Gulf Coasters" out of Pensacola. We Rally (camp) once a month (Fri-Sat-Sun) in the Destin to Gulf Shores area. About 25 coaches and we have a great time. Lots of experience here. Come check us out if the spirit moves you. Contact Pam at 850-982-4667
jhaig99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Full timing in an RV is just living full time in an RV. Same as living in a house or apartment. Difference is you can quickly move if you dont like the neighbours, weather, scenery, dogs barking, etc. No packing furniture in and out, no damage deposits, cleaning bills, etc.

Housekeeping will be a breeze.

More on the positive side. You will meet a large "family" of folks who are living in quarters much the same as yours, will have similar experiences in a similar environment and are busy looking for like minded people to talk with and make friends.

No down side that I can see. WEEEELLL - no grass to cut unless you decide to work camp.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig99 View Post
If you are a class a Motorhome'er, you may want to contact the FMCA "Gulf Coasters" out of Pensacola. We Rally (camp) once a month (Fri-Sat-Sun) in the Destin to Gulf Shores area. About 25 coaches and we have a great time. Lots of experience here. Come check us out if the spirit moves you. Contact Pam at 850-982-4667
Thanks for the information, and we'll give Pam a call. We're new to motorhomes and won't ever be FT (the admiral will NOT give up this house), but having a MH for visiting and travel is a whole lot better than driving. She can take half the house with her, that way

Making connections around here might...just might...sway her to another way of thinking.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #14

iRV2 No Limits Club
Take a deep breathe and try to relax. DO NOT over think this, Many of us have gone through the exact same thing, and we lived.

At this point it is almost mandatory that you think:" Are we doing the right thing?" or "What did we get ourselves into?"

It is a very natural process as you approach this major change in your life.

This too will pass.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote