Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
California native here, been in SoCal all my life. Live near the beach, been around 70 to 75 degrees all summer. I can ride along the beach in the morning, and be up in the mountains in the afternoon. We have deserts, lakes, the beautiful Pacific Ocean, and snow skiing all within an hour drive. Very diverse microclimates, even within certain cities.

So to all those people whining about California, it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm still enjoying the heck out of it, as you choke down your sour grapes
SHHHH!
Don't spill the beans!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2021, 09:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Many routes like SR-99 and I-5 from Grapevine to Stockton are posted 70 MPH, 55 if you're towing. However even down here in Orange County if I'm not doing 75-80 on the I-5 I'm not keeping up with traffic.

If you talk to CHP, their main concern is people that are either going faster or slower than the flow of traffic.

Yes gasoline is about a dollar/gallon more than most states, but you have to watch where you buy gas. If you drive to a gas station a few miles away from the freeway it's going to be much less than the stations right off the freeway. Makes a big difference when filling up a motorhome.
Yes, I was referring to 55 mph when towing as I pull a toad. True that it seems to be universally ignored except when there's a police car in sight. Most truckers seem to be rolling along at 65 mph otherwise. The others probably have a GPS link to headquarters monitoring their speed.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:29 PM   #45

Quote:
California native here, been in SoCal all my life. Live near the beach, been around 70 to 75 degrees all summer. I can ride along the beach in the morning, and be up in the mountains in the afternoon. We have deserts, lakes, the beautiful Pacific Ocean, and snow skiing all within an hour drive. Very diverse microclimates, even within certain cities.

So to all those people whining about California, it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm still enjoying the heck out of it, as you choke down your sour grapes
I was born here in 1959 and have lived here my entire life. I know all too well that the biggest ‘sour grapes’ are Californians themselves that are overwhelmed by high housing costs, high property taxes, the highest or second-highest gasoline costs in the nation (one post here says we pay a dollar more per gallon than other states. More like two dollars or more), leading many to lose their children to other more affordable states. Wild fires, no water, city overpopulation, crime… good times for all are surely ahead.

Glad you got yours, just not so sure you can same the same thing for your grandchildren and their future children.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb1st View Post
Moderators, I think it would be appropriate to have an "I hate California" forum. That way those perennial California haters will have a place to vent. And if that works, another could be created for the Thor haters. Let's give the haters a place to vent. I'm really tired of seeing great threads go down hill because someone is having a bad day. Hopefully it's just a bad day and not a bad year. Even worse would be a bad lifetime.
And I dislike people that pull the ‘hate card’ just because someone disagrees with someone else. There used to be two sides to every story or opinion. Now, it’s one side only and the other side are ‘haters’. Can’t see how that solves the worlds’ problems. -RT
Old 08-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #47

Hey California!

Quote:

So to all those people whining about California, it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm still enjoying the heck out of it, as you choke down your sour grapes [emoji3]

What a nice way of saying [Moderator Edit]. lol I too am a CA native, once I figured some things out I got as far away from CA as possible.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #48

Sorry about your family emergency and hope it all worked out for the best.

As to your feelings about how horrible our state is, at close to 40 million people living here (only about 12% of the US population) you'd wonder why so many people would choose to live here, right?
Old 08-22-2021, 03:49 PM   #49
BVH

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Agree!

For the most part, that observation has nothing to do with politics - but on gas prices and road conditions.

I just drove a round trip in a Class A pretty much the length of CA via I-5. Seeing gas prices for unleaded at shy of $5/gal in some locations. My fillings in my teeth loosened on roads in terrible condition. Especially in the Sacramento locale.

CA gas taxes in part are to improve/maintain infrastructure. Their “seasonal fuel blends” provide crafty States like AZ opportunity to purchase the left over surplus of those blends at significant per gal savings - passed to AZ residents.

Taxes & infrastructure maintainence are both levied and the responsibility of Fed/State/Local governments. I-5 being under “Cal Trans” with $$$ funding by US DOT. When there is evidence that taxes are too high, and thus not providing services they were earmarked for - it needs to be called out.

Gas prices and road conditions are obviously very relevant topics to all of us that enjoy our RVs!

[Moderator Edit]
Old 08-23-2021, 06:40 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Thread Closed

This thread has run its course and devolved into political comments and state bashing. Numerous posts have been edited or removed so it is now closed. Thank you to those posting within the Community Rules.
Closed Thread

Tags
california