Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #15

Trading the coach is not really cost effective.. and before any of you funny people say it (cuz I know you were thinking it) Trading the DW is really, REALLY not cost effective.

yes, there are bends in the piping. I cannot see down the hole. So I was figuring that option is out... errr.. down the toilet.

The campingworld step is nice, but waaaay too long, and probably too deep.

A low profile toilet may be an answer. I'll have to look into that one. I'm tired of having my legs fall asleep while contemplating world events.

oh.. and yes, she can still see out the windows... but just barely!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150904_163334.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	110246  
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #16

Todd, I found that on Granger Supply, in the automotive section.
GRAINGER APPROVED Folding Step,Jumbo,Heavy-Duty - Exterior Automotive Accessories - 3VTD6|3VTD6 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Folding step. Very Pricy. heavy duty.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #17

A couple more thoughts.

You almost certainly already have a low-profile toilet. In a given model, the low-profile units seem to be 8-9" shorter than the standard version. The raised platform would have to be 8-9" tall to make the finished height the same as a standard toilet. Measure one in your house that each of you find comfortable. How does that compare to the RV?

I suppose it is possible to have some kind of spacer between the toilet base and the wooden platform. There should be a plastic cover around the base of the toilet that is held on by one or two screws. What do you see when you remove it?

Not being able to see into the tank from above is actually a good thing for this purpose. It means that there may be a sufficient length of pipe to allow some height adjustment.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 10-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #18

Starsekr.. Thanks. ya, pricey but it may work. I have to see if I have enough room for mounting it, and that it raises the foot area high enough. I guess I can always put a carpeted panel on top of it.

Mike.. I'll measure it up. I did look on Amazon and it seems the "low profile" crappers are only 1" lower than the regular ones.

It may be that I have to do both.. low profile toilet AND lower the base just a bit.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #19

Standard hight is saying 18" low profile is 12"
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:51 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
How about the Squatty Potty? You can buy it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Buy the wooden one if you don't like the cheapo plastic.

Squatty Potty : ) | Healthy Colon : Happy Life
Old 10-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #21

Nice animation on that link :-)
Was that a unicorn craping rainbows, phone didn't show it too good
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
I would put a raised floor on top of the bathroom floor. You do not have to attach it-just assemble it in the bathroom . You can take it out for cleaning or sale. You can put a few pieces of laminate on top of it or some linoleum /tile if you do not like plywood.

PS-you can raise the cabinet doors or put a couple of smaller doors on in place of existing doors.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
http://www.squattypotty.com/unicorn-c/
This is real check it out

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #24

Comparison of some common toilets:

Dometic 320 seat height 18.25"
low profile 321 seat height 14"

Sealand 510+ 20 5/8
low pro 511+ 14 1/2

Thetford Aquamagic Residence
Standard 18"
low pro 12.5"

It would help to know what you have now. These measurements can't be compared directly, because they aren't measuring height at the same point, but it's a starting point for your research. I'm fairly certain that you have some low-profile model now, as they are made for installing on raised platforms. The full-height models are designed to mount directly to the bathroom floor. Sealand is made by Dometic for the marine market. For whatever reason, the Sealand foot pedal is on the left side, where Dometic models have the foot pedal on the right side.

Mike
Old 10-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #25

A bit off topic but why does Winny seem to mount all their commodes to a wood base like that instead of to the floor?
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
A bit off topic but why does Winny seem to mount all their commodes to a wood base like that instead of to the floor?

Winnebago is far from unique in this respect. I think that the raised platform allows them to build multiple floorplans with fewer unique parts. The extra height allows some flexibility (with pipe elbows) for toilet location and accommodates less precise construction.

Mike
Old 10-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #27

Pirate. My Winnebago's potty is a standard height mounted to the floor. So it's not all them that are on a platform.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
My Winnebago's throne is mounted to the floor.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote