Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #1

Honda EV6010 No Start

I have been working on my Honda EV6010 trying to get it to run but only works if I hold the start button down, then dies once I let go. I am not getting a green light at all or a red light. Fuses are good, oil has been changed. The weird thing is I get a green light and hear the fuel pump priming if I have my Motorhome plugged in and use the dash start/stop switch. Can anyone help me with this and explain what’s going on? Why does it prime the fuel pump when the Motorhome is plugged it but it doesn’t do it otherwise…..

I’ve read ever forum on the no start topic, used a multimeter and i’m getting correct Voltages.
Tyro2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2022, 01:31 PM   #2

Honda EV6010 No Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro2004 View Post
I have been working on my Honda EV6010 trying to get it to run but only works if I hold the start button down, then dies once I let go. I am not getting a green light at all or a red light. Fuses are good, oil has been changed. The weird thing is I get a green light and hear the fuel pump priming if I have my Motorhome plugged in and use the dash start/stop switch. Can anyone help me with this and explain whatís going on? Why does it prime the fuel pump when the Motorhome is plugged it but it doesnít do it otherwiseÖ..

Iíve read ever forum on the no start topic, used a multimeter and iím getting correct Voltages.

Maybe bad batteries and MH charger is keeping voltage up to make it run. They will also die because of low fuel.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #3

Did this issue happen after you changed the oil ?

Oil level is critical in keeping the engine running after letting go of the start switch.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #4

Look up service manual should have diognostic manual.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:34 PM   #5

No, it didn’t run when I purchased. Finally got around to look at it. I changed the oil and filter incase it wasn’t getting enough oil pressure for the oil pressure switch.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:35 PM   #6

New House Batteries and engine Battery.
So I have 2 Deep Cycle Batteries, and 1 Automotive battery.
Checked and Charged them up over the week also.

I guess why not a green light when not plugged in?

Why doesn’t the fuel pump prime off the batteries?
Old 08-06-2022, 08:36 PM   #7

Yeah, I’ve done all that. Went through my manual. I’m out of ideas haha and really don’t understand why the MH plugged in would make a difference…
Old 08-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #8

Owners manual are limited download or just view service manual online... check to retrieve codes . Service manual has them and trouble shooting spreadsheet with tests.
Typical for onan and generac. Dies as soon as let off start button , frequency or output voltage at generator issue . A couple seconds it dies, oil pressure or coolant temp. switch out of range. Both cases if holding start will continue to run.
Many reported issues with remote wiring plugs or further wiring coach harness. Always try to disconnect and clean remote harness plugs within about 24" and try to start from genny.
Your Honda is far more rare here or at least problems discussed ...good luck.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #9

Does the engine have a pressurized oil system with a filter? Does it have a low oil pressure sending unit with a wire that can be removed? Have you tried to start it without the wire connected to the send unit?

Theres was an issue I had with a Honda powered Kohler generator in our boat that did the same thing, start but wouldnt continue to run. I could start it with the oil pressure sensor wire off, immediately plug the wire back (restoring the oil level protection) in and it would continue to run. It required a current from the generator to continue to run. Just that extra second or two allowed the genny current to stabilize and the engine to continue to run. Sometimes there was a capacitor replacement that was a permanent fix.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Owners manual are limited download or just view service manual online... check to retrieve codes . Service manual has them and trouble shooting spreadsheet with tests.
Typical for onan and generac. Dies as soon as let off start button , frequency or output voltage at generator issue . A couple seconds it dies, oil pressure or coolant temp. switch out of range. Both cases if holding start will continue to run.
Many reported issues with remote wiring plugs or further wiring coach harness. Always try to disconnect and clean remote harness plugs within about 24" and try to start from genny.
Your Honda is far more rare here or at least problems discussed ...good luck.
Thanks man, Iíll look down the wiring harnesses. I cleaned the connections but it didnít change anything. I also took out the brushes and sprayed electric cleaner down where the brushes are.

I should also add the generator only has alittle more than 100 hours on her.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandcinok View Post
Does the engine have a pressurized oil system with a filter? Does it have a low oil pressure sending unit with a wire that can be removed? Have you tried to start it without the wire connected to the send unit?

Theres was an issue I had with a Honda powered Kohler generator in our boat that did the same thing, start but wouldnt continue to run. I could start it with the oil pressure sensor wire off, immediately plug the wire back (restoring the oil level protection) in and it would continue to run. It required a current from the generator to continue to run. Just that extra second or two allowed the genny current to stabilize and the engine to continue to run. Sometimes there was a capacitor replacement that was a permanent fix.
Iím happy you got yours fixed that way. Very smart! does your prime the fuel pump or can you hear the fuel pump working when you hit the start button? I can only hear it when MH is plugged in and I use the Dashboard Switch.

It does have an oil pressure sensor. Iíve changed the oil and filter. I have also disconnected the wire going to the oil pressure sensor with NO change.

Iím really at a loss and running out of ideas.

Tags
honda, no start