RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2020, 04:58 AM   #1

Honest rv shop?

I live Florida, in the Sarasota/Venice area. Anyone know of good honest rv repair shop in the area? I only want to do some PM on my class A. Such as brakes, lube, etc
Thanks!
Nick737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2020, 05:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick737 View Post
I live Florida, in the Sarasota/Venice area. Anyone know of good honest rv repair shop in the area? I only want to do some PM on my class A. Such as brakes, lube, etc
Thanks!
I am following this. We have a place with a good reputation, Horner's RV Repair, south of Punta Gorda on US 41 but I would like to know who else can be trusted in the area. After my experience with the majors like North Trail I will never go back to the big shops.
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

I don't know about actual repairs in that area, but you might want to check with Speedco for oil change and lube.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:34 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's a website which may help

RV Service Reviews
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #5

i like to use bus shops .. Harlows bus shop here is like most certified for cumins, cat ect, freightliner, ect.. the tour busses charter busses have same systems as rv and shop has 6 pits unlike the freightliner truck shop on interstate. or none like our rv sales places and wont even check chassis or do maintenance.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #6

Any truck repair place can do that. I use Sunstate Trucks up on the East side of the SRQ airport. Chassis stuff like you mention, they can do. They are not good at going through the coach to get to the engine from the top - not as clean as you'd like. They don't have a drive over pit, in fact I don't know of any place around here that has one in a truck place.
I got my AC recharged at Lucky's Auto and RV repair, maybe a 1/4 mile north of Sunstate. He has some weird agreements with the land owner on when he can do stuff. I got mine charged on a Saturday. He actually lives in an RV beside his bldg. The land owner is https://www.rvpartsmall.com/

I have used Sunstate and Lucky's but not the link above (I did go in to get a card) but I can tell you they have a bunch of motorhomes going through there. Every time I went by there (I worked a couple blocks north), there were many coaches there.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #7

rick i had a '97 london aire until '16.. does ur's have spider line cracks?? iwe liked ours
Old 10-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #8
mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick737 View Post
Thanks!
I had good luck with Register Rv in Brooksville Fl. Very knowledgeable and professional.
They replaced the rearend, power step motor, shocks and brakes. No issues.

Now, don't ask me about their chevy dealership across the road. Separate bunch of losers over there. Thank goodness they have nothing but the name to do with the rv section.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #9

If all you need is a PM, (oil and filter change and genny service) when I was there last winter I stopped at the Cummings center in Tampa off I-4 and I-75. Stayed overnight in their parking lot. Got me in first thing in the morning and was done by 2PM. Cost was only $800. The Cummings in Orlando wanted $1500. Needless to say I went to Tampa.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote