Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #449

Same model have some questions

I am picking same model up in a few days. I am taking I think to a mechanic before I finalize dealbecause it had vibration between 30 and 40 while accelerating. It had not been driven in a year and seemed to settle down on 70 mile test drive. Thought it might be tire but not sure. Also any way to raise tag axel on these?
Badbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #450

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbadger View Post
I am picking same model up in a few days. I am taking I think to a mechanic before I finalize dealbecause it had vibration between 30 and 40 while accelerating. It had not been driven in a year and seemed to settle down on 70 mile test drive. Thought it might be tire but not sure. Also any way to raise tag axel on these?
I believe the tag axle will automatically raise when you slow down to a certain speed. Does it have a owners manual?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #451

Nice old thread. I bought a 1998 HR Endeavor in October 2016. Needed new lift pump, blow by tube, belts and hoses. Then had a problem with TCM and had it replaced. Love the lay out (except dinette) and it has new flat screen TV's. First major trip will be our move to Idaho from Denver in May. Not sure if we will change to SD domicile or just stick with Idaho. Next winter we are going south . This is a nice rig and look forward to putting some miles on!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #452

Bought our 05 HR Admiral 34SBD two years ago. It is in excellent shape with 23k. Took it to Florida last winter for 3 months. Stayed home this winter but plan on traveling up east coast this summer.
Roadhouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #453

Currently have '08 Endeavor 40PDQ with the 400HP Cummins. Getting ready to trade for a '16 Admiral XE 26DT with the Ford V10.

Changed my motto from "Go big or go home" to "Go small or not at all!"
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #454

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
Currently have '08 Endeavor 40PDQ with the 400HP Cummins. Getting ready to trade for a '16 Admiral XE 26DT with the Ford V10.

Changed my motto from "Go big or go home" to "Go small or not at all!"
Hello, I was wondering why the motto change? I have a few ideas but I wanted to hear it from you.
d_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_elegance View Post
Hello, I was wondering why the motto change? I have a few ideas but I wanted to hear it from you.
Oh..lots of reasons. Primarily a change in lifestyle/outlook to simplify and downsize. Go with something easier for me to maintain, less complex, and less expensive. We also want to go to more of the small state parks and other campgrounds that we cannot get the DP in due to size of the sites.

Don't get me wrong, the DP is an awesome coach, drives and rides like a dream, a ton of room and storage, etc. It's just not what we want right now. Somebody will get a good coach when we trade it in!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #456

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We just bought a 2003 HR Navigator 40PBT in November 16. We got really lucky and found a great deal on this, and it meets all of the "have to haves" that were on my list. We've taken it out on a shake down trip to the river (100 Mi ~). Found a few minor things wrong, and some stuff we will upgrade. The coach comes with the ISM500, and Allison 4000. It only has 27.8k miles on her. The house batteries are shot, but just ordered a 200ah lithium, and will be adding that in about a week. TVs work, but we'll upgrade to LED before long. Started changing out the 72 interior lights to LED, but damn there's lot's of em. LOL. Other than that, we absolutely love it. It runs like a dream, the tag axle really works well against it being blown around on the road, and have not had any issues on hills, even towing the Jeep.
harleymagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #457

Hi, I have an 06 HR Admiral SE. Love it... I use a Bestek 1000 watt inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter. It barely draws any wattage, less than 200 from the 32 inch LCD TV and Wally Dish receiver. I may hard wire it some day, but the cigarette light can handle such a small load.
AdmiralTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #458

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This thread is so big, I can't remember if I posted in it already. Oh well, 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationeer XL 38plt on Workhorse UFO chassis, rear gas pusher. Handles like a large car.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #459

2000 HR Imperial bought 8 years ago. Side radiator 350 HP 8.3 Cummins, too many upgrades to list here. Has a beautiful blue paint job called Waterford Blue, don't see many blue coaches. Built like a tank, drives like a Cadillac, know all its quirks inside and out. Doubt I'll ever trade for another one.
snowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #460

Monaco Owners Club
Endeavor le 37cds

new to us 97 hr endeavor awesome deal 34,000 miles everything works well took on memorial day wknd great time and im impressed with qaulity of old build old school 275 turbo cat with chip
lpseboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #461

Solo Rvers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Holiday Rambler

I just bought a 94 hr aluma-lite, cummins b9.5 12v. I think that it has an outstanding design, but have not been able to use it yet. Still chasing problems. Some things not quite represented correctly.
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #462

Bought a 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PDD, Had my first ever drive of a Class A DP (mine) last Friday in rush hour Friday afternoon traffic during a thunderstorm. Thank you, You Tube for the ground school! Made the trip with no problems!

We are going through a major downsize, and this has been a life long dream for both of us. The numbers finally worked (with SS), so we took the plunge.

Any ideas for empty parking lots to practice???
Careinke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat diesel, freightliner, holiday rambler, monaco