Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #1

HWH Hydraulic Jacks, 625 Series Leveling System will not come up on our 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus. They were working perfectly in December 2008 when we returned from an extended trip! Tried to retract them manually per owners manual, but they are not responding. Now the control panel will not even light up, which it did at the on set of this problem. Does any one have any suggestions?
Thank You for your time,
Crazycraig
crazycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #2

Well, first, depending on where you are, are they stuck in ice? That's happened to me once.

Now, from a hydraulic point of view there's two things you can do:

- Manually open all four solenoid valves (turn all of the t-handles counterclockwise as far as they will turn) ( I expect you've already done this)

- Crack open one of the check valves on top of the valve body (just unscrew one of them with a wrench). The check valves are under the large hex nuts on top of the valve body. Expect a little bit of fluid to leak out. You'd do this if the shuttle valve is stuck (the shuttle valve is the valve screwed into the top of the valve body with the hairpin of tubing). Unscrewing one of the check valves helps the spool in the shuttle move back to it's resting (retract) position.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If the control panel will not even light up you have to assume you have some type of electrical problem. Start with the easy things like blown fuses or tripped breakers. Maybe a stupid question but are the batteries charged and the disconnect switch in the on position?
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
ET

Before the panel went out could you EXTEND them out any? In the mean time spray silicone on each of them and alot around the wipe seal as well. One of mine would go up so slow even with the newer springs and it was just a dry wipe seal causing too much friction.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you do have good voltage and the key is on, the key pad should light up. If not, then you probably have a bad connection at the control box mounted near the pump assmy. Check all the connectors, I have found individual wires in a quick connector not fully seated to cause this problem. There are also fuses in the box that protect the circuit. I don't have my HWH service manuals with me but I want to say fuse F10 for the key pad. Let me know hat you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
paz

Also make sure the parking brake is set. Several times I thought our jacks weren't working and I discovered I had accidentally bumped the yellow brake button.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #7

We just had a simular problem. Left front would not extend, and the right rear after extending it would not retract.

Tech found that when activating either of these jacks, the fuse would blow.

Outcome, the solinoids need to be replaced.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I just had a similar problem. On the control board there is a 7.5 amp fuse for the control panel. It wasn't blown but when I replaced it after pulling to check it the panel came back on. It must have reset it and it worked ok.

The way mine is mounted this fuse is in the lower right side facing the board.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by ET:
Before the panel went out could you EXTEND them out any? <snip>
I should have posed that question myself. If the answer is "yes" then the shuttle valve is sticking and my earlier "unscrew check valve" comment applies. This of course assumes that the root cause was a hydraulic problem and that any electrical problems are subsequent to that.

At this point the goal should be to get the jacks up and get moving again, leaving any electrical problems for later.

If all else fails, call HWH in the morning. They are VERY helpful.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
At first glance the HWH system seems very complicated but with the HWH manual for the 625 series system a problem can be fairly easily diagnosed.

Your 625 manual is available online.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/service34.html

I suggest downloading and reviewing the manual and them calling HWH. HWH has very good phone support and will quickly send you parts at a reasonable cost, if needed.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #11

Exactly. The hydraulic system is very simple (as such things go) and it's easy to get the jacks up, unless you've got four simultaneous seal failures, or all four jack pads are frozen to the ground (don't laugh, it's happened to me). The electrical system is also fairly simple, but not nearly as easy to get at seeing has how each coach manufacturer has a different idea on where the various components are supposed to be mounted.

Again, first get your coach moving again by getting your jacks up (you may figure out along the way if there was a hydraulic problem that started this) then get to a more comfortable location to figure out the electrical problem if there is any.

OH, by the way... do return here and let us all know how this turns out.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
ET

So crazycraig... how's it going with your HWH system? Jacks up yet?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #13

Got a call from the shop this afternoon. New solinoids are in, but after 3 hours on the phone with HWH, the control board has to be replaced. The wallet is getting lighter.....
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:44 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Do you fall under the 3 year warranty period??

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote