Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 AM   #1

HWH jacks decided the other day not to go down. The panel lights are on but the jacks don't go down when push the panel button. Can't figure out what is up
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 AM   #2

HWH jacks decided the other day not to go down. The panel lights are on but the jacks don't go down when push the panel button. Can't figure out what is up
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Do you have the emergency brake on and is the light show that it is on? You could also have a grounding problem. Check the ground wire by the master unit.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Call HWH; they are always helpful.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
campernut2,
Please tell us more. In addition to what has been posted; when you try to lower the jacks, are there any sounds made by the HWH system? Your OP mentions the lights are on. Which lights are on?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
paz

Cousin Ed is right - HWH is very helpful. They will guide you through troubleshooting over the phone. They will have you check the indicator lights on the circuit board that is located near the pump (behind the grill if I remember correctly from some Winnebagos I have seen). They can pretty much tell what the problem is from which LEDs light up (or not) it as your helper presses various buttons on the control panel inside the coach. That is probably the reason GaryKD is asking which lights are on.

You can also download manuals from the HWH web site if you know the model of the jacks you have. Some of these manuals will also show you how to troubleshoot the system.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #7

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.

I could hear the silinoid clicking when I pushed the "Store" button, but there was no action. I called HWH and talked to a young lady there. She said to look on top of the unit and there are four 5/8" bolts. Loosen the bolts and let out a little bit of oil, and they should then go down. She suggested that perhaps my "Shuttle valve" was bad. She added that it cost $ 55.00.

I found the bolts, they are brass painted black and on my rig are vertical. I loosed them and no oil came out but underneath there was a sort of check valve underneath the bolt which was hollow underneath the hex head. I loosened the bolts, then tightened them back and <span class="ev_code_RED">WAALAA!!!</span>

The "Store" button worked! I have no idea why, but I have had no further trouble with it.

I did notice that HWH has several manuals on PDF that you can download.

Works for me!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:20 AM   #8

Thanks to all for their suggestions.
There is no noise and yes the parking brake was set whne we attempted to lower them. The panel that you touched lighted up can't remember all the lights that did but will try again. We had to take it to the dealer for some other stuff (nothing serious) but they said that they would look at it.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey campernut2 when I got down to Fla. this Jan. my jacks would not go down, they were working on my stopeovers on the way down! So first I checked the fluid and it was a little low, so I toped it off but still they did not go down, so then I started to check and tighten the wires from the silinoid to the pump and they started to go down as I was moveing the wire arround! Only problem then was I decided I would take all the wires off and clean them up and when I was on the last one I broke the stud off the silinoid, but I was atleast able to hold it on long enough to get coach set-up. I then called HWH and for $18 they shipped a new one right to the campground!! Hope this helps some !!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
campernut, here is a POST that explains about a ground post on the frame of chassis under front bumper, most of the wires are for your HWH jack system.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #11

Campernut here ... forgot to tell all of you that we brought the MH in and it turned out to be a bad part.It was covered under warranty! We don't know what was fixed yet so we shall let you know when we find out. The part must have been covered by their warranty. We didn't have to use our extended warranty plan.