Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #1

Hydraulic jack leaks in up position?

Hello everyone. I’m new to this site and so far it has a wealth of information on everything RV. I just bought a used '04 Pace Arrow 35G with 13000 miles that has been a bit neglected in the use area and had been sitting in an RV storage compound for a few years. Previous did keep up on some of the maintenance but I am very particular when it comes to any of my vehicles. Basically it was started once a month and only taken on very short drives for the past few years.

At any rate, I have been replacing things here and there, fuel filter, oil change, wires and plugs (due to heat), ventilation cooling system, etc. I noticed that the front driver's side hydraulic jack (not sure of the brand yet) is leaking only in the up position. This seems very odd to me as I would think it would leak under pressure but it doesn't. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also is anyone familiar with where the reservoir would be located on this model? Thanks in advance

'04 Pace Arrow 35G, Workhorse
Mclaren542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Mike and Congratulations on your new to you Pace Arrow. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
The pump and motor assembly (with reservoir) can be placed anywhere but look under the front hood area. Make certain the jacks are in the up and slideout are in the retracted position before filling reservoir. You may want to look closely at the piston of the leaking jack to be sure there is not dirt or rust compromising the seal when it is retracted. Let us know what you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2004 workhorse chassis the reservoir is located on the drivers side behind the front wheel. The levelers on yours are Power Gear. Check the fluid level on your reservoir in the up position [plug on the top side of reservoir]. Good luck.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #4

Thanks Guys. I'll check out your suggestions this weekend. BTW the leaking jack does not lose pressure when deployedso.... just odd eh? -Wizzard, i'll check to see if anything is stuck to piston but I am pretty sure it is not rusted.

We're heading to Avila Beach north of Pismo next weekend for our first week long trial in the Rig. Cant wait to try everything out full time. God bless the washer dryer combo!

'04 Pace Arrow 35G, Workhorse
Mclaren542 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaks