Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #1

Hydraulic Jacks Beeping

The day after we bought our MH we took it to a General RV Center (we bought it at another General RV) and told them how it beeped, a lot, while driving. They said it was just the fluid needing to be topped off. That worked for our drive home, except the last few miles it did beep a couple times.
I had it in my drive way with the jacks down for a few weeks, then today i put the jacks up, waited for the "jack down" light go off then i turned off the control pad. I did a visual on the jacks and they were up, I also checked the fluid and it was up to the fill cap. It is a Power Gear Level Series but I guess it was bought out by lippert. I took it for a little drive and the beeping started again.
Any thoughts?
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Depends on your model number. Here's a link to all of their service manuals.

https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-hydraulic-leveling
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Depends on your model number. Here's a link to all of their service manuals.

https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-hydraulic-leveling
Model number is P/N 140-1226. I saw that and even printed out the manual because I couldn't find anything in all the manuals they gave me. All it says in the trouble shooting it to make sure it has the fluid filled up for the beeping.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
There has to be a level gauge on the tank and the connection could be bad or the sensor bad. I would start there.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #5

Keep checking oil level, if there is air in the system from being very low on oil, every time you extend/retract the jacks it purges more air until it is all purged. In fact, that is how HWH jacks are purged of air.
Another reason for beeping can be the sensors that detect jacks are retracted, before turning off the system after jacks are retracted, wait a minute. This gives the hyd oil time to depressurize in the jacks and lines, which might be pushing them down enough to trigger the alarm.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:26 AM   #6

The service department called and said they found the problem, was some kind of sensor that checked the fluid level. When I pick it up in a few days I’ll post exactly what it was..
Old 07-21-2019, 05:50 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The service department called and said they found the problem, was some kind of sensor that checked the fluid level. When I pick it up in a few days I’ll post exactly what it was..
Thanks for reporting back. Thats what it sounds like. There is a float switch that senses fluid level. If the internal switch is bad or the float is contaminated, its probably giving out false fluid low alarms.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, jacks