Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2020, 01:57 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
I got # 4 (pneumatic) from Harbor Freight, and brought home bigger wheels to replace the small casters on the same trip. It rolls great, and I use the adjustment height a lot.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #30

Most folks on this thread are talking tire pressure. But what about fastening straps, safety chains to tow dollies? My problem is that I can get down OK, but then I can't get back up!
So I've ordered this Acko folding step stool for this kind of job. I'm hoping that the 16" height is sufficient to allow me to get up when finished with the job. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MA0N1...v_ov_lig_dp_it
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The only way to eliminate getting down/up is to install a TPMS; even then, once every 2-3 years the batteries should be changed.
Hmmm. Then I'm doing it wrong. I pull into the nearest Les Schwab and sip my latte as some younger, more supple person does it for me.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I inherited one something like this and it works great:

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Showe...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I keep 1-2 of these in every vehicle and around home. 2 fake knees and they need padding! Very dense neoprene rubber and hard plastic tray you can slide them along on any type of ground. No help getting up but once your up step on one handle and the other end pops up to where you can grab it!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Marshall...B451/100318170
Old 06-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodekyll View Post
Hmmm. Then I'm doing it wrong. I pull into the nearest Les Schwab and sip my latte as some younger, more supple person does it for me.
Actually you ARE doing it wrong.

Cold tire pressure means just that cold. That means not driven in the last a few hours.

By the time you drive to the tire store, the pressures rise, so your tires are actually underinflated by the younger person.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #35

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for all the great ideas! Not just ideas but solutions!

Love this site.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #36

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
Most folks on this thread are talking tire pressure. But what about fastening straps, safety chains to tow dollies? My problem is that I can get down OK, but then I can't get back up!
So I've ordered this Acko folding step stool for this kind of job. I'm hoping that the 16" height is sufficient to allow me to get up when finished with the job. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MA0N1...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Interesting... a search of this site for bad knees yields 1,270 results and a search for tire pressure yields 14,200 results. I guess this thread contributed to both those numbers.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
We picked up one for each basement compartment at local dollar store.
Never have to look for one no matter where your at.
Saves knees, zero impact on storage space.
Name:   images%20(4).jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  4.6 KB
Tlmr4784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #38

5-gallon bucket...multi-use.
If too tall, a 2-gallon bucket.
If too tall.......
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #39

For me it's a can't get up thing do to a couple major artery surgeries so wheeled items don't help me. I need something sold so even just a chair does it so I typically use a step stool I drag with me if I need to get low. Otherwise I have both of the outer ones for use in the garage. Even there I have the same step still handy if I need to get down to kneeling.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #40

I use a good set of knee pads and a nock off Dr Ho inflatable back brace. And then I pray to god I don’t make all the above worse!

I do like the one with the tractor seat? Makes the most sense to go over rough terrain !
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #41

I use a good set of knee pads and a nock off Dr Ho inflatable back brace. And then I pray to god I don’t make all the above worse! Then I take my Celebrex!

I do like the one with the tractor seat? Makes the most sense to go over rough terrain !
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:53 PM   #42

gravity's a bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Gravity is a bitch. I have two approaches that I use for this problem. I have a half-dozen fold-up foot stools (from Camping World) stashed around my rig in the bins and inside also. For my tires, I use TPMS. I can just scan it and decide if any followup is needed at ground level. Saves quite a few bends which are in short supply these days.
I only have on foot stool but my TPMS saves my bacon.
RVPP is offline   Reply With Quote