Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #1

I was going to replace my TV until...........

So I have a 2007 Winnebago Access 32'. Iy came with the old Tube TV and I wanted to upgrade to an LED TV. UNTIL I found the area the TV was in made for a very useful large cabinet. I had a door made for it and it's awesome.
So what do I do now for a TV? Well I have YouTube TV which I stream at home via the internet connection to my TV's. It also streams to my phone, iPad, computer etc. So now I've decided to take my computer with me in the RV and stream to it while on the road. You may say I'd lose Cell/wifi signal but it hasn't happened yet. I have a Weboost in my motorhome and can connect to it with no issues. YouTube TV also has all my recordings and channels as if I was home watching it. If I go out of state it gives me the choice of watching my channels or the local channels where I am. So for now I'm sticking to streaming TV......when I feel like watching something. I do use it occasionally as I'm more into the campfire and the outdoors. But it's a good backup. What do you folks use?
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad the computer works for you. My concern would be trying to sell it without a tv in there.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #3

Do you think he could not remove the cabinet door & put a tv back in if it meant the sale of the RV ?
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess that's a question for the o.p.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I suggested to several of my customers to install a heavy door using large hinges. Mount the tv to the door. The tv will hide the door so it will not have to finished to look great. The new TVs are light so it does not have to be super strong. I do suggest using two catches instead of one. Most said the door does not open very wide so they put things in there they only use occasionally.
If you don’t want to do that, you could remove the divider between the tv cabinet and compartment next to it. Again install things you only use occasionally and installing things behind the tv through that cabinet.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #6

Ga traveler is spot on, led TVs are so light you can mount them pretty much anywhere.
I don't really watch TV myself, so I'm also reclaiming the space the TV would go.
inthepines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #7

I did

I did put in a stronger door and upgraded hinges as my plan was to install a TV on it. If I ever plan to sell it I will install a newer upgraded TV for then next owner. But with the build quality of new RV's being in question. I'm keeping this no issue motorhome for a while longer, I upgrade it regularly with up to date DIY projects. I'm not interested in making a "one of" but rather a well kept basically stock RV with today's most wanted features. It's 14 years old and with the new Vinyl wrap cab (Class C) and new vinyl stripes it looks better than new.
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:23 AM   #8

I put the TV on a swing mount (mounts to the side of the cabinet inside wall). I also put rubber bungees to keep it closed when traveling. Inside the cabinet is the AV receiver, and a bunch of other electronics out of sight.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:20 AM   #9

Our Class A had a TV mounted to a cabinet door in the bedroom. We stored towels and other stuff in it. The door simply lifted up from the bottom with the TV attached. The one in the living room was also mounted to a cabinet door, but it swing to the side. I would think the door would be reasonably easy to make for either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1142.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	344870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1137.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	344871  

Old 10-02-2021, 07:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
I put the TV on a swing mount (mounts to the side of the cabinet inside wall). I also put rubber bungees to keep it closed when traveling. Inside the cabinet is the AV receiver, and a bunch of other electronics out of sight.
I did the same thing, made my own swing mount as a standard wouldn't work due to the shape of the cabinet. Enough room under the TV for a DVD player.

I put a shelf in the cabinet and installed a small 1000 watt inverter to power my residential refrigerator and other stuff if needed as a backup.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace