Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2021, 06:17 AM   #43

We’re working FT still but put 12k miles on it last year. We traveled weekends to get to see family in AL and MT - we live in CO. We also went to AZ for Christmas/New Years weeks. We’re planning a spring trip to AL, then NC and VA to visit more family before heading back to CO. This a summer trip back to MT, with a WA side trip.
rogerfromco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2021, 07:14 AM   #44

We travel most of the year....except for summer.
Here is a picture taken yesterday morning at Canaan Valley State Resort Park in West Virginia. Can you find our blue Honda CRV?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_101040.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	316619  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #45

Just the wife and I camp 4-6 times a year. Fishing, boating, grandkid and great grandkids takes up the rest of the weekends.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seon View Post
Just the wife and I camp 4-6 times a year. Fishing, boating, grandkid and great grandkids takes up the rest of the weekends.
Do you ever take the grandkid or greatgrandkids camping?
Sv Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sv Todd View Post
Do you ever take the grandkid or greatgrandkids camping?

Yes, we do a 3 camp sites during the first week of Dungeness crab season at Bodega Bay, CA. Not all can attend all week so it's come as you can.

Then other times we'll take the great grandkids for overnight camping. Grandkids are all grown and have their own schedules.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #48

Our 17 year old granddaughter accompanied us on this trip. Today I took her out to experience driving in deep and plowed snowy roads, getting her to slam on the brakes, turn sharply, and accelerate quickly so she can see what happens. She did extremely well and didn't panic at all.

Here is a picture taken yesterday while on a hike. She said this was the deepest snow she has ever seen. Its almost up to her knees.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_103900.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	316768   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210201_155700.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	316769  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #49

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
About once a month plus

This year, we did a weekend in St Louis in May, long weekend in wisconsin in June, weekend in Tennessee in July, 10 days in Denver in August, weekend in Tennessee in September, weekend in Illinois early October, weekend in Tennessee in late October and my parents are spending January and February in Jamaica Beach TX.

You need to schedule time or you'll never get away.
rwdawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #50

We camp in ours about 4 times a year.
2 very local (25 miles). 1 local but 3 hours away. and usually one to Galveston.
That's a total of about 15+ nights a year.
I wouldn't trade my RV for anything (except a better RV).
Pandemic had people out more than less, even renting campers all summer, since they couldn't do any flying, they drove to a campsite.
rjcoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:59 PM   #51

Jayco Owners Club
Our camper was our savior during “lockdowns” last summer. We booked 4 day weekends 2xs each month early, and were also able to take a few 2 day trips in addition to that. We were both still working and I was around Covid daily. For my sanity we would go out to literally nowhere with the camper and our boat to any lake in Ohio we could find. Sometimes we never saw another person but that’s EXACTLY why we were so happy we had it! We have already made several reservations for this summer also.
Susie410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #52

We live in MN and use ours approx. 6 times a year in summer months. We are on our 3rd RV over the past 15 years and have found the memories far out way the uses. Now with 4 grandchildren we plan to use it a bit more to add to the already priceless memories. Roll when you can and enjoy! Quality not Quantity for me.
jeffcarpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #53

Casual campers...

We live in middle TN. So many thinks to see camping in the area as well as surrounding states! We upgraded from a 29 foot bumper pull to a 41 foot 5th wheel. I retired December 2019 and my wife retired January 2020. We have camped in KY numerous times and took a 3.5 week trip through KY, WV, PA, MD and VA then in upper east TN. We are now in FL for a couple of months. You have to commit yourself to using the trailer. We love the outdoors and love sitting outside, walking and kayaking. Come out and have fun!
radtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #54

I agree that keeping the rv set up for use is essential (kitchenware, clothing, towels, bedding, etc).

I noticed a lot of people have asked why you don't use it, but if it's just not your thing now is a great time to sell. You'll get way more for it now than you will in a year or 2.
partygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVstorm View Post
My dream was to take it camping at least one weekend a month, mostly to the rivers and lakes around Middle Tennessee. I am so disappointed and feel like I just wasted a lot of money on a RV I'll barely use.
Dreams are what you do when you can't make up your mind to take the first step on your journey. Sure, 2020 was a bummer with Covid and everything else happening, but...

March 2020, we spent a week in Seiverville, TN at a great RV park. Just us, hanging out, enjoying the weather, camp fires, etc.

July 2020, we spent 10 days traveling through Michigan and Wisconsin. Social distancing all the way, avoiding when possible, always masked when anywhere near people.

October 2020, we spent a week in Myrtle Beach, SC at a beach side state park. Quiet, relaxing, no one about.

In between there were a fair number of shorter weekend campings to help keep us sane.

If you choose to do so, you'll figure out how to pack up and go quickly. We can decide on Thursday and leave Friday evening for a weekend anywhere within two hundred miles. It takes us about 30 minutes to prep for a weekend trip. For the longer trips it takes a couple of hours, mostly because we over pack and carry more food.

As Nike says, "Just do it."
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:22 PM   #56

We averaged about 45 nights a year between mid April and end of Oct.

This year our plan is for 60 nights split up in to 7-9 night trips and rest 3-4 nights.

Tags
camper