Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #1

ID key for baggage lock

Okay, odd deal here.

Bought a 2020 RV from a dealer (who shall remain nameless).
The two keys they provided for my baggage compartments are Green MK9901 keys, which I believe, are Dealer Master Keys and should not have been given out. (No I don’t plan on returning them). Is that indeed the case?

So now the quandary, I’d like to get a couple of more keys for the baggage compartments. The outside of the lock is just marked with an M. Anybody know if there are internal markings that would give me a normal key number? Or of any other way to determine which key number these locks are?
Tip10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

While the MK9901 is labeled as a "master" and "dealer only", you can buy them online, even Ebay.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #3

We assume that you have the newer FIC/Fastec paddle-handle locks. The codes on those should be CW401 through CW450. Again, it is assumed that you have a key code in that range. Yes, the MK9901 will work with all those locks in that sequence as well as all of the older FIC series paddle-handle locks.

Below is from my files on how to find the location of the code. I will try to find the webpage that corresponds to it and post it later if you need it for reference.

(If we find anything missing from one of our storage bays, we'll know who to blame. )

ETA: Here's the FIC FAQ webpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
While the MK9901 is labeled as a "master" and "dealer only", you can buy them online, even Ebay.
Yup, here's one for $1.61 ...go HERE (eh, but you have to order 25 of them, lol. I'm sure there a quite a few places to order the universal mater key, however. It seems the standard price, though, is around $30 for one. Unless you can find a more reasonable price somewhere, it's probably better to find the key code on your lock and have some keys made for that particular key code.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIC lock code location.png
Views:	32
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	259004  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #4

ID key for baggage lock

Got around to dismantling the latches today, alas, no numbers at all inside.

Don’t think it’s a FIC/Fastpaddle either - bears no resemblance to anything on their page.

No markings on the inside at all but looking online appears to be a Challenger Nova latch.

Any other ideas?
Tip10 is offline   Reply With Quote