Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #183

Tiffin Owners Club
Somuch of this depends on what kind of campgrounds someone uses. I split my time between traditional RV parks, state and federal parks, and boondocking. In the RV parks I seldom or never park next to tent campers so I just pull my blinds and ignore the neighbors. However tent campers are common in the FS campgrounds we prefer, and we frequently camp with our tent camping friends. In that case, I make sure the lights are off at night, and I really try to have the house heater and water heater turned off. Those things are really noisy when they turn on and off, and I sadly had to have a tent camping friend tell me that (I should have realized that myself). If another boondocker pulls up too close to me in the desert, had a drunken party until 2:00 am, or leaves enough lights on to be an airport runway, we just leave. Summary: just think of who is around you and generally be kind.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #184

Semi related, but this isn’t just RVers , although I’ve had it happen at Flying J.
People who go inside to get snacks etc , use the bathroom etc & leave vehicle at the pump.
Cmon .... really?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Is there anyone here, I repeat ANYONE, who can and will refute, with facts not opinions, the posted public positions of the National Park Service and the American Medical Association on the subject of the detrimental effects of light pollution on almost all living things?

National Park Service: What Happened to the Night Sky?
https://www.nps.gov/samo/learn/manag...-pollution.htm

American Medical Association: AMA Adopts Guidance to Reduce Harm from High Intensity Street Lights
https://www.ama-assn.org/ama-adopts-...-street-lights
Ok Cap...I argue not with one word you said nor argue against the validity of your reviewed attachments. I do challenge however how this is ANY DIFFERENT than any other "supposed" technological advancement...in...let's say...aircraft?...and the serious damage done to the atmosphere and our environment!

Also, take take your same rebuttal and show it to Bubba three sites down playing corn hole at 1 AM and see what his reaction is.

Although both of us are correct in our stances and arguments stated above...it is my "opinion only" that the human species will one day "advance ourselves to sure and certain extinction"!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #186

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but if I read parts of this thread right... if I don't bend to the will of others I'm inconsiderate and possibly narcissistic!

What if lights just don't bother me and I accidentally leave mine on. . . I'm suddenly an inconsiderate jerk?

How can that be? I am, after all, doing unto others as I would have them do unto me. My neighbor leaves his light on I really don't care. In fact, I kind of appreciate the extra security it provides (imagined or perceived).

I gotta say, this is really, really a matter of stunning insignificance!!!

What happened to the pancake discussion?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #187

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post

What happened to the pancake discussion?

We gave up on being invited for pancakes and all went to IHOP, mmmmmm
Old 05-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
Somuch of this depends on what kind of campgrounds someone uses. I split my time between traditional RV parks, state and federal parks, and boondocking. In the RV parks I seldom or never park next to tent campers so I just pull my blinds and ignore the neighbors. However tent campers are common in the FS campgrounds we prefer, and we frequently camp with our tent camping friends. In that case, I make sure the lights are off at night, and I really try to have the house heater and water heater turned off. Those things are really noisy when they turn on and off, and I sadly had to have a tent camping friend tell me that (I should have realized that myself). If another boondocker pulls up too close to me in the desert, had a drunken party until 2:00 am, or leaves enough lights on to be an airport runway, we just leave. Summary: just think of who is around you and generally be kind.
I spent years in a tent, I now have spent a ton of money on a nice motorhome. I spent this money to be comfortable. If it's cold and my heater comes on, so be it. I really don't give a flying frankfurter if that bothers someone in their cheap low investment $100 tent. I'm also going to enjoy my shower, toilet, comfortable bed, ice maker, electricity and everything else I spent all that money on. I'd suggest that the cheap tent dweller spend another buck or two on some ear plugs.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:50 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
I spent years in a tent, I now have spent a ton of money on a nice motorhome. I spent this money to be comfortable. If it's cold and my heater comes on, so be it. I really don't give a flying frankfurter if that bothers someone in their cheap low investment $100 tent. I'm also going to enjoy my shower, toilet, comfortable bed, ice maker, electricity and everything else I spent all that money on. I'd suggest that the cheap tent dweller spend another buck or two on some ear plugs.
Let them eat cake!!!
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 05-17-2018, 10:15 PM   #190

Quote:
Is there anyone here, I repeat ANYONE, who can and will refute, with facts not opinions, the posted public positions of the National Park Service and the American Medical Association on the subject of the detrimental effects of light pollution on almost all living things?

National Park Service: What Happened to the Night Sky?
https://www.nps.gov/samo/learn/manag...-pollution.htm

American Medical Association: AMA Adopts Guidance to Reduce Harm from High Intensity Street Lights
https://www.ama-assn.org/ama-adopts-...-street-lights
In one of your earlier posts you said that you keep a dimly lit light pointing upwards to illuminate your American Flag and POW flag. Now don't get me wrong I love when people fly those flags and keep them lit at night as they deserve all the respect in the world. But doesn't that affect others ability to star gaze. You are probably going to say not, but that is just your opinion. I'm sure there have been people who feel that amount of light would affect their ability to star gaze. What would you do if they asked you politely to turn the light off.

So like everyone posting here they are just giving their opinions to the outdoor lighting issues. We all see things differently based on what is important to us, and it is not being disrespectful or purposely trying to bother others. I don't leave my lights on after going to bed, but then again I don't worry about what others are doing unless it directly affects my family's safety or the MH, of which other's outdoor lighting doesn't really affect.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #191

Quote:
If you're going to quote a post, please try, to the best of your ability, to address the subject of the post.
I thought your post was a joke. You were seriously trying to convince people that light pollution was causing harm to nature in a thread about light pollution in RV Parks? RV Parks where they've torn up the earth, laid plumbing, run power through the ground, and humans frequently light fires, scare wildlife, and otherwise 'exist'?

Pretty sure the gas burned to enter the park did more damage to the earth than the Christmas lights.

It's true, I don't take this discussion seriously because I don't care what people do in their camp or that their noisy kids come play in mine. If you let your dogs run free I suggest you keep them away from me or I will give them treats, roll on the ground with them, and they may never come back to you. If you're 1000 lumens Christmas lights start melting the paint off my motorhome, we'll put on some sunblock and go back to sleep.

Meh.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:40 AM   #192

Human nature is very interesting. Have you noticed that the intensity of the posts are elevating to the point of judgement, personal attack, and yes...entitlement because some can afford luxurious rolling accommodations?

Sad to say, however Post # 154 pretty much sums it up...

Old 05-18-2018, 06:43 AM   #193

I'd have to say I'm a little surprised at the lack of conscientiousness of some of the post. I thought we were better than that.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:43 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Human nature is very interesting. Have you noticed that the intensity of the posts are elevating to the point of judgement, personal attack, and yes...entitlement because some can afford luxurious rolling accommodations?

Sad to say, however Post # 154 pretty much sums it up...
Nope. I had not noticed personal jabs or judgement. That is, until your post about how the amount of money people had or their type of motorhome meant their opinions came from a place of entitlement. I cannot tell if you were intentionally ironic or you just lack tollorance. If it’s the former - well played.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #195

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
10-4 Over and out
Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #196

14 pages and 195 posts - Well done group... well done, indeed !!!
Closed Thread