Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
I fly the American flag so night light is required to keep Old Glory lit up. Can’t depend on solar so wrap led string of lights around the pole and looks fabulous!
I respectfully disagree. I use a $10 solar light pointed straight up to dimly light up Old Glory and my POW/MIA flag.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #30

I say that nice rv park and campground goers should heed the 'quiet time' with both quiet and no more lights and campfires, but that's just me. It seems as if many think that just because they 'paid' to be there, nobody can tell them when and where they should be having 'fun'... regardless of what time it is for everyone else.

it's not a party, it's a 'park' - hence: stop, pause, slow down, keep it on the low down,
take in the sights, do not BE the sight, listen, whisper, enjoy.

we were in the throws of northern British Columbia, at the Laird River Hot Springs campground(no services, only 'dry camping').. a nice place. Quiet Time was 10 to 7.

got a knock on the door at 8pm, while relaxing inside, the ranger said I must turn off my generator as generator usage times are only from 6 to 7pm, and from 8 to 9am...

really??
the ranger didn't do anything, though, about the kids running and screaming thru the park at all hours, diesel trucks running constantly for hours, and folks talking and laughing exceptionally loud around their 'campfire' all during the very late evening hours.... oh well. I'm not sure that anyone could have even heard my generator from all the other loud noises going on!

so much for quiet. me included.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
My RV has blinds/shades and at night they are pulled down so I don't see anyone elses lights
Nor do they see me walking around inside naked
That's what I do when forced to stay in one of these places.

This thread is actually causing me to appreciate the rest areas, Walmarts, wide spots, etc. that we usually overnight in.

It really makes me appreciate the hunting camps and other activities in the woods where the only sounds are from nature, and the only lights are from the moon and stars.

And all of these come at a much lower cost.

Steve
Old 05-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #32

I hate everything all the other campers do. I wish they would all go camp some place else.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
I fly the American flag so night light is required to keep Old Glory lit up. Can’t depend on solar so wrap led string of lights around the pole and looks fabulous!
So somehow Taps is insufficient?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Introduce yourself and ask them if they would mind turning them off at bedtime. They may not know they are bothering others.
Exactly!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Way more annoying than camper lights are those new, $%#+ portable laser light gizmos that stupid people put in their campsite and light up every tree in a 200' diameter from them. It is the most annoying, rude, inconsiderate thing we've seen in nearly 15 yrs of camping...even more rude than the selfish people who think I want to hear their music from four sites away at 11pm (like this past Sat).
Old 05-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #36
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
The light displays that light up all the trees in the CG annoy me. Some even have them syncopated to music. That makes it worse. At quiet time I call CG mgr.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:11 PM   #37

Been in campgrounds sleeping for many years...truly don't understand this whole issue as I've never been bothered by lights from a neighboring camper. I pull those things down that are usually near the top of each window...think they're called shades???

I put my white noise/sound machine on that I've used for years...strap on my trusty CPAP...and I'm transported to a blissful place of sleep and rest for 7-10 hours!

I'm sorry but I don't get the big deal over lights. Seems like some folks stay awake all night looking out their windows waiting for someone to do something that urinates them off!

Old 05-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #38

We use rope lights on the ground under the circumference of the rv, especially in the Southwest. They serve the purpose of keeping packrats out of the rv and protecting our wiring. Yes, it works!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #39

I think people who make a campground look like Fremont Street should confine their "glamping" to RV "resorts" and "Kampgrounds." That way I and others of like mind can enjoy the wonder of a beautiful night sky.

If they are so in need of attention I suggest they walk around in too tight clothing with a parrot on their shoulder and a purse dog in a bag.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 05-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #40

We stayed in AZ 2 years ago and also used the rope lights under the FW with good results. Another camper did complain about the lights and that they never had a problem with pack rats. It wasn't a week later that different camper next door had a rat in his engine compartment and tore up his hood lining. The rope lights do work to deter pack rats.
I get more bothered by unattended smokey camp fires blowing into my campsite.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #41

When I'm working at a campground I tell people they can do anything they want, as long as it is contained to their site and legal.. goes for smoke, noise and light..... if it leaves your site, than don't do it....
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
I respectfully disagree. I use a $10 solar light pointed straight up to dimly light up Old Glory and my POW/MIA flag.

What happens to your solar light if it is cloudy all day? It will probably power through some of the darkness of the night, but not until daylight... imo
Closed Thread