The housings that I linked are 2-piece; there is an aluminum channel, and then there is a plastic frosted lens that snaps into the channel. *I drilled holes about 8-10” from the end of each section of channel (each section is 1 meter long), countersunk the holes, and then screwed them onto the side of the RV (using a dab of silicone at each screw/hole). *I then added a final hole through the channel and through the RV walk to run the wiring (also sealed with silicone). *This way, there is no wiring visible on the outside of the RV.
After that, I simply fed the wiring through that final hole to the inside (it came through just behind the slide out pantry; more on that later), installed the LED strip in the channel, and snapped the frosted lens into place. *Caps on each end finished the outside installation.
Inside, the wiring dropped down (behind the pantry) into the area under the fridge, which is where my converter is located, as well as the 12vdc circuit breakers. *There was a vacant spot on the panel, so I bought a 6A push button circuit breaker to match the others and used that for my feed point. Finally, I installed an on/off/dimmer switch in the wall right inside the door (also accessible under the fridge) near the stock porch light switch.
Everything looks factory with no exposed wiring, and the channel/lens blends in so that unless you are looking for it, you don't even notice the 16’ long “porch light” just under the awning. *And the frosted lens did not degrade the light output in any noticeable way.