Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #1

Itasca levelers problem

I just purchased an '05 Itasca Sunrise on an F-53 chassis. It has Kwikee Level Best levelers. The red light indicating levelers not up won't go off but the levelers appear in full-upright position. I know that low hyd. fluid can sometime cause this problem. I finally located the hyd. fluid reservoir behind the left front tire. But, I can't find a way to get to the top to determine if it is low on fluid. Can anyone give me advice on how to check the fluid in this system? Thanks!
Lowhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This link page 6 troubleshooting. http://www.kwikee.com/PDFDocuments/L...ingGuide04.pdf
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S. View Post
Thanks, Richard! But, I already have that Operating Guide. I'm trying to determine if the system is low on fluid and I can't seem to locate a means to reach the top of the reservoir to check the level and there is no information about that in the OM.

If it is not low, then, as mentioned in the OM, it's likely that there is a bad reed switch.

Larry
Old 12-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You have to crawl under the coach and do the best you can to reach the resevoir cap and fill it with all the rooms in. Otherwise, if out, you will overfill. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
You have to crawl under the coach and do the best you can to reach the resevoir cap and fill it with all the rooms in. Otherwise, if out, you will overfill. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike: Thanks for the response. I recently received a reply from a poster on irv2 who has a similiar coach. He said he had to open the living room slide and could then reach the top of the reservoir. Not sure (will check it out) but believe slides are electric. I'll let you know... / Larry
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The filler cap on the reservoir has a level check stick attached to it. Just unscrew the cap and look at the stick to check fluid level.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote