Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #15

Jack pads

Why spend money on those fancy pads when an 8-foot 2x12 cut into 2-foot long pieces gets you four perfect pads. Home Depot will even cut them for you! I've got 8 of these...they are now four years old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	181238
This is in my very UN-level office parking lot.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #16

We used 1" polypropylene 16" square pads with the fifth-wheel for 9 years The trailer came in at up to 22K lbs. We bought another set of 16" pads for out Bounder. When SnapPads came out for our 10" jack pads, we switched to them

SnapPads are so much easier with the motorhome because the jacks are not at the edges of the body like the fifth-wheel, and placing to 16" square pads meant getting on the knees. With the SnapPads, we just put the jacks down.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Three 12" pieces of 2x4, sandwiched between two pieces of 1/2" plywood cut 12"x12" square. Screws to hold together. I carry several for stacking as needed. Won't split, strong. Add a loop of rope to ease pulling them out from under.

I also have a 12"x18" pair to go under tires if needed.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #18

I too use 2X12s cut into 12in sections. I screwed screw eyes into each end and use an awning hook to slide them in and out. Simple, effective and cheap. If I need to raise one side I just stack them.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #19

I use two pieces of 3/4 plywood screwed together. The crossing of grains in plywood will riskiest splitting much better than one piece of wood.
I made 8 so I can stack 2 on each leg if need be and attached a rope to each to easily pull them out from underneath.
CACOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
Here’s the pics of my description above. Not too expensive. Attachment 180016Attachment 180017Attachment 180018Attachment 180019

Les great idea I find that the pads made from different manufacturers are so different in design and price
bigdaddychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:23 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I drill a .5 " hole in both ends of my lumber Jack pads so my dw can position them easily using the awning tool while I extend the hwh leveling Jack's from inside the moho.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #22

Boy you guys are handy. We tried the wood method and they are heavy and unless you keep them sealed tend to breakdown esp if wet.. We have a class A and I use the orange 16X16 half inch thick plastic pads, smooth on one side and honey comb on the other. I put two of the smaller 12X12 yellow stackable blocks on each one to build height and reduce jack extension which seems to help my leveler find the sweet spot and reduce movement. I use my awning wand to place and remove the blocks. They flex a little under load but not so much as to mar the plastic or permanantly bend them. Been doing this for the past 3 years on all type of surfaces including wet with good results.
cdrprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 AM   #23

I carry a mixture of treated 4x4 and 2x10 1 foot long, and 36 inch 2x10 and a few short 2x4.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #24

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Www.rvsnappads.com awesome product, put them on and leave them on. No more wood blocks
Old 11-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
My family got me Hosspads last Christmas, here is the link on amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Hosspad-Mega-...ywords=hosspad

I would not have bought them myself because of the price ($150 / four), but having used them throughout the last year, they are definitely worth every penny. They are much better than competing synthetic / plastic pads, and lighter than wood. In one of the State Parks with a less than ideal site (soft after rains), my jack pushed the pad about 4" into the dirt - I told my wife that it was probably ruined. When we pulled it up to leave, it was muddy but good as new - no tear, split, or residual damage. Even though they are rubber, they are quite stiff and thick enough to endure most any situation.
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the square rubber pads, but getting under the coach and adjusting them is getting old. The SnapPads are on my list. I will still keep the rubber squares and use them where needed. 🤠🚍
Old 11-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
I have the square rubber pads, but getting under the coach and adjusting them is getting old. The SnapPads are on my list. I will still keep the rubber squares and use them where needed. ����
I drilled 3/8" holes in my pads so my dw can use our awning tool to position them.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #28

I purchased a 4'x6' horse mat made from recycled rubber for $40 from Tractor Supply. I cut it into 12"x 16" sections and cut a hand hold in each one. The mat made 18 pads. I keep 10 in an old milk crate , gave 4 to my brother, and 4 to my BIL. They are 3/4" thick and I stack them if necessary and can use them with the Lego blocks if I need more height. I have an aluminum extendable handle with a j hook in the end. I think it originally came from a swiffer. Never have to leave my feet to put down or pull out.